Forms and self-service

Forms for students

The application fee for these letters is $15.

Please apply and submit payment online for the undergraduate, graduate, and certificate ‘intent to graduate’ via the student portal.

The application fee for these letters is $15. The application fee for a Duplicate/Replacement Diploma is $60.

Address changes

It is the student’s responsibility to update and ensure the Registrar’s Office has correct and current address information. In cases of emergency, it is imperative that we have the most up-to-date information for your local and mailing address, and telephone numbers on file. In order to revise your address in real time, please login to 

Emergency contact

What is an emergency contact? Why does the university need this information?

Your emergency contact is your closest family member or relative, for example:

  • spouse/partner
  • parent/guardian
  • sibling
  • adult child
  • trusted personal representative

We ask you to provide details of your emergency contact in case of accidents or emergencies on campus or during university activities.
Provide details of your emergency contact in the “Student Profile and Addresses” page under the tab “Address and Contact” on BrockDb .

Brock students wishing to enroll at another university and transfer credits towards a Brock degree must apply for, and be granted, a Letter of Permission from the Office of the Registrar before registering at the other university. A University calendar description of the course(s) to be taken and the Letter of Permission fee (specified on the form) must be submitted, with the application, to the Office of the Registrar via the student portal. Departmental/Centre approval must be completed by the Brock department/centre offering the equivalent, or the subject most similar to the desired course(s) prior to submitting this form. Approved Letters of Permission will be sent to the host university where required and a copy sent to the student. Please ensure sufficient time for the processing, as they can take up to 10 business days to process. Please download the Letter of Permission application form. Please follow the directions on the form to upload the signed form and application fee via your student portal.

Please note the following conditions to be eligible for Letter of Permission:

  • Application fee of $55 is required per session.
  • A maximum of five credits may be completed by Letter of Permission.
  • Students must indicate the specific course(s) they wish to take and provide the Office of the Registrar with the course description(s) from the calendar of the host university. Course(s) requested should be relevant to a student’s degree program and must be approved by the student’s academic Department. Approval is at the discretion of the Department/Centre, based on the applicant’s overall academic record, the appropriateness of the particular course to the applicant’s program and on any other factors deemed relevant.
  • A Letter of Permission is normally restricted to students who have successfully completed five credits at Brock with a minimum 60 percent overall average. Brock credit will not be granted to students who Challenge for Credit, on Letter of Permission, at the host institution.
  • A Letter of Permission is not issued for a student to complete more than two of the last five credits of a degree. Note that this regulation does not apply to courses taken as part of an exchange program (Keele, Swansea) nor to students in either the Bachelor of Education in Aboriginal Adult Education or the Bachelor of Education in Adult Education.

Students who do not complete registration at the host university, or who withdraw from course(s) for which a Letter of Permission has been issued, must submit verification from the host university to the Office of the Registrar.

Courses taken on a Letter of Permission or on Exchange Programs will be marked as Pass or Fail and will not be used in determining any student average. The course taken and grade assigned by the host university will, however, appear as a notation on a student’s transcript. Courses taken within a designated partnership program with Brock (Freiburg, Summer Studies in Italy) will be used in the determination of a student’s average.

It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that Brock University receives an official transcript from the host university within eight weeks of the course end date as specified on the application for the Letter of Permission submitted to Brock University or a failing grade will be assigned.

Students completing their last credit(s) towards their degree on a Letter of Permission must have their official transcript from the host university sent to the Registrar by the following dates:

  • Spring Convocation – May 15
  • Fall Convocation – September 15

Students not adhering to these deadlines may have their graduation deferred until the next Convocation.

Please visit the privacy section for more information.

Student self-service

Degree verification

To improve service, Brock University has partnered with AuraData, a Canadian company specializing in secure online education verification. AuraData provides risk prevention in resume fraud, post-secondary/professional designation education claims. Subscribers to AuraData can now efficiently confirm the post-secondary education achievement of prospective employees, online 24/7. AuraData does this while conforming to federal and provincial privacy laws.

Employers can now minimize the hiring risk associated with education fraud so prevalent in the hiring process. Universities, colleges, and professional designations now have a reliable method of ensuring the credibility of their product. Also, graduates are now protected from the illicit use of their designations by unscrupulous job hunters. A signed authorization from the graduate is required at all times by AuraData before the release of any information.

For fast, economical, and convenient education verification for Brock University, visit AuraData or call 416-406-0444 or 1-877-580-2872

AuraData logo