Student Senate Appeals
Student Senate Appeals are appeals that are submitted to the Student Appeals Board for consideration. In most cases a fee applies (see Notice of Appeal form for the fee schedule). Student Senate Appeals are appeals related to:
- Final Grades
- Academic Requirements/Decisions
- Academic Suspension
- Academic Debarment
- Appeals of decisions related to Backdated withdrawals and Retroactive Registration
- Charges of Academic Misconduct
- Scholarship Awards
For further information on these types of appeals, please visit the Academic Regulations and University Policies section of the Undergraduate calendar:
Process for submitting a Senate Appeal:
1. Create a pdf file of your completed Student Appeal submission. It must include:
- Completed Notice of Appeal Form found at:
- Letter addressed to the Student Appeals Board outlining the reason for your appeal and describing your extenuating circumstances;
- Supporting documentation (i.e., medical, bereavement etc.)
2. Submit your Notice of Appeal package and payment online by completing the following steps:
- Log in to the portal at my.brocku.ca. Click on Student Access> Forms & Services
- Go to Step 2a | Requesting information
Select the appropriate appeal fee type (ie. Appeal Fee: Academic Debarment) by:
- Clicking on the radio box beside the service
- Choosing the degree/program under “Segment”
- Go to Step 2b |Type of Delivery
Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Email”
- Go to Step 2c |Email
Confirm your email address
- Go to Step 2d | Document
Upload your Senate Appeal package here. Make sure it is one document complete with the Senate Appeal Form and supplementary documentation attached.
- Go to Step 3a | Printing Date
Choose “Process Document Immediately” and add any necessary comments to the text box provided as needed.
A representative will contact you following the submission of your Student Appeal package to confirm receipt, advise you on the process and also any further steps required. The Student Appeals Board meets approximately once per month.
For more information on this process, or to follow up regarding your submission, please contact Diana Huson at firstname.lastname@example.org.