- Departments & Centres
- Applied Linguistics
- Dramatic Arts
- English Language and Literature
- Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Visual Arts
- Centre for Canadian Studies
- Centre for Digital Humanities
- Centre for Intercultural Studies
- Centre for Liberal Arts
- Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Centre for Studies in Arts and Culture
- Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts
- ART CENTRE
- Rodman Hall Art Centre
- Degree Programs
- Students in the Humanities
- Centre for Digital Humanities
- Dean's Conference Travel Grant
- Fulbright Visiting Research Chair
- Humanities Research Institute
- HRI Mandate and Structure
- HRI Membership
- HRI Funding
- HRI Conferences and Symposia
- Conferences and Symposia 2000 - 2001
- Conferences and Symposia 2002 - 2003
- Conferences and Symposia 2004 - 2005
- Conferences and Symposia 2005 - 2006
- Conferences and Symposia 2006 - 2007
- Conferences and Symposia 2007 - 2008
- Conferences and Symposia 2008 - 2009
- Conferences and Symposia 2009 - 2010
- Conferences and Symposia 2010 - 2011
- Conferences and Symposia 2011 - 2012
- Conferences and Symposia 2012 - 2013
- Conferences and Symposia 2013-2014
- HRI Associates
- HRI Graduate Student Associates
- HRI Annual Report 2012-13
- HRI Awards
- HRI Forms and Deadlines
- The Brock Review
- Contact Us
Faculty of Humanities: Department of Dramatic Arts
Some things you should know about us outlines some of the things that make DART a special learning and creating community.
At How to Apply you will find information about the DART Invitational process, Entrance Requirements, the Admissions Process, Articulated Agreements with Colleges, and some information about our graduates.
The Department FAQ provides answers to many of the common questions about the program at DART. If you don't see an answer to your question please let us know!
The Invitational FAQ answers questions specifically about the DART Invitational process.
A special welcome
for new Dramatic Arts majors
The Department of Dramatic Arts in the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts at Brock is pleased to offer incoming majors a special award. You’ll see professional productions staged by the companies of the St. Catharines Downtown Alliance for the Performing Arts (DAPA), and immediately engage with our regional professional theatre and dance community. You’ll receive free ticket vouchers to the show of your choice. Meet all the artists and production staff involved for the year's shows at the DAPA season launch, choose a show, and receive free entry on your preferred date.
How do you accept this award? Simply respond to your offer of admission by the date specified in your offer. We’ll make sure that you receive your award. Learn more at brocku.ca/humanities/dramatic-arts/future-students/the-next-steps
Connect with us!
| Dramatic Arts Official FB page
check it out for the latest news!
| Dramatic Arts Current students group FB page
exclusive to current students with brock email addresses
| Dramatic Arts Alumni group FB page
just one of the DART alumni pages set up on facebook
"The thing that I found the best about being a student at Brock is that I don’t consider myself to be a number, I am a person. The drama department here knows my name, it knows who I am, and it knows my face. I’m not a number wandering around the school not being able to get anything done. If I see a prof, they know who I am most of the time because I have worked with them and they know my name. From there I can do a whole lot more than I could if I was just simply, say a random student who sat in the back of a lecture and never spoke out. Brock does not want you to be in the background, Brock wants to bring you forward! They want to know who you are and they want you to experience the most that you can and actually get involved with things. That’s an amazing thing that you are not going to find at a lot of places. The drama department is small enough that you are going to be known if you want to be known or not. You can actually interact with people. It’s an amazing thing because it’s so hard in this world to actually find people who are going to respect your opinion and listen to you, and that is what you are going to find at Brock."
-Jon Van Ekelenberg, DART student