Brock University’s Senate Governance Committee has issued a call for nominations for the Advisory Committee on the Dean of the Goodman School of Business. The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to make a recommendation on the appointment or reappointment of the Dean in accordance with Faculty Handbook Section 4: 2.4.
As soon as the Advisory Committee has been established, the incumbent will be asked whether they wish to stand for reappointment. If they wish to stand, the Advisory Committee will be responsible for making a recommendation on the reappointment. If they do not wish to stand, a search will be conducted and the Advisory Committee will be responsible for making a recommendation on the appointment.
It is anticipated that the work of the Advisory Committee will begin in April 2021 and should be completed within four to five months (August/September).
The Advisory Committee is normally chaired by the Provost and Vice-President, Academic, and its composition requirements are:
- at least six full-time tenured faculty members from the Goodman School of Business, such that each Department (i.e. Accounting; Finance, Operations and Information Systems; Marketing, International Business and Strategy; and Organizational Behaviour, Human Resources Management, Entrepreneurship and Ethics) is represented and such that the faculty members comprise a majority of the Committee;
- where applicable, at least one full-time tenured faculty member from the Goodman School of Business of the Program Committee of a Centre (i.e. CPA Centre for Public Policy & Innovation in Accounting; and Centre for Business Analytics);
- at least one undergraduate student, representing the Brock University Students’ Union (BUSU), from the Goodman School of Business;
- at least one graduate student, representing the Graduate Students’ Association (GSA), from the Goodman School of Business;
- at least one ongoing staff member from the Goodman School of Business (to be recommended by the President; ongoing staff members reporting directly to the Dean are not eligible to serve);
- at least one full-time tenured faculty member who is an elected member of Senate and from another Faculty in the University;
- where applicable, at least one full-time faculty member of the Program Committee of a Program not housed in a Department or Centre from the Goodman School of Business.
Nominations may be submitted using the online Advisory Committee Nomination Form found on the Committee Nominations webpage and will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 2, 2021. The Governance Committee will consider all nominations to the Advisory Committee confidentially.