7th International Conference on Image and Imagery.
October 10 & 11, 2018
Brock University, St. Catharines, ON
Im/Migrant Passages: Crossing Visual, Spatial and Textual Boundaries
To emigrate is to leave, to immigrate is to arrive and stay, to migrate is to move, often as a result of forced displacement. Most emigrants, immigrants, migrants and/or refugees frequently face difficult, if not heartbreaking decisions when they decide they must settle elsewhere. According to the latest UNHCR estimates, 65.6 million people have been forcibly displaced worldwide by war, poverty, and/or climate change. Many live(d) in refugee/migrant camps where they often face(d) inhumane conditions, discrimination, violence, and racism, while others spend/spent most of their lives in transit camps
We are inviting scholars and artists to reflect on the im/migrant experience, and examine the perspective of the displaced as illustrated/expressed in literatures and/or the arts.
Proposals of no more than 300 words should be sent by April 30th, 2018, as a Word doc attachment, to email@example.com. Along with the 300-word proposal, please include the following: presenter’s affiliation and rank (for faculty) or program and university (for graduate students), contact information (email), a 50-word publishable abstract, and an indication of any special media or other needs. Papers will be given in English.
Carmela Colella, Tamara El-Hoss, and Catherine Parayre
Department of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Brock University, 1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way
St. Catharines, ON, L2S 3A1, Canada
A group block has been created under ‘Image & Imagery’ at the Holiday Inn & Suites Parkway Conference Centre St. Catharines, Niagara Region, October 9-12, 2018.
Address: 327 Ontario St, St. Catharines, ON L2R 5L3
Phone: (905) 688-2324
Price: $130 per room per night
Your reservation cut off date is Tuesday, September 18, 2018. Rooms not specifically reserved by this date will be released for general sale.
Rooms can be confirmed from your block by calling the reservation department direct at 905-704-5656, or Toll Free 1-877-688-2324 ext 2.
Please mention Image & Imagery to receive your preferred rate. All rooms must be guaranteed with a valid credit card number upon booking.
Please Note: These rates are quoted in Canadian funds per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and are subject to 13% HST and 5% Facility fee. Taxes are subject to change in accordance with Government guidelines.
- $15.00 charge per additional adult will apply.
- Cash paying guests will be required to provide the full amount of room, tax and a security deposit upon check in.
- Cots are available at an additional charge per evening.
- Group rates are not subject to any additional discounts (CAA/AAA, Senior’s Rate, Government Rate, etc).
- Check-in time is after 3:00 pm. Early check-in is not guaranteed but may be requested.
- A guest may guarantee a check in of 1:00pm for an additional $40.00 charge to the room rate. Please note that a guest who guarantees an early check in will get whichever room type becomes available first, not necessarily the room type they originally booked. Early check in is limited to 24 rooms only, for the entire hotel.
- Checkout time is 11:00 am. Late check out is available at an additional charge based on the hotel’s availability.