The Instructional Resource Centres are hosting a series of Future Ready Sessions for students, instructors and faculty. All sessions qualify for Experience Plus for students.
These 45-minute sessions will focus on exploring future-ready instructional resources available in the IRC as well as discussions of how these can be incorporated into classrooms. Future readiness and STEAM awareness are defining characteristics of the contemporary learner. The objective of these sessions is to prepare for the risk-taking, digital literacy and innovative instructional strategies required to serve future learners.
Sessions will take place in the IRC at each campus.
St. Catharines IRC sessions
Tuesday sessions are held at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., while Thursday sessions are held at 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm. For those whose schedules conflict with the sessions offered, there is an opportunity to book alternates times for groups of four or more people. Contact email@example.com to book sessions or with any questions.
- Sept. 18 & 20 – 3D Printing
- Sept. 25 & 27 – Computational Thinking
- Oct. 2 & 4 – Coding & Robotics Part 1
- Oct. 23 & 25 – Electric Circuits & Engineering Design
- Oct. 30 / Nov. 1 – Coding & Robotics Part 2
- Nov. TBD – iPADS in the Classroom
Hamilton IRC sessions
For students at the Hamilton Campus, specific topic sessions (listed above) can be booked for groups of four or more to accommodate schedules. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a session. Upcoming pre-scheduled sessions include:
- Sept. 20 at 11 a.m. – 3D Printing
- Sept. 24 at 2 p.m. – 3D Printing
- Sept. 25 at 11:15 a.m. – 3D Printing