Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Infections acquired through sexual activity
- Bacterial infections are usually treatable with antibiotics (gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia).
Viral infections (Herpes, HPV, HIV, Hepatitis B and C) are often not curable but symptoms can be managed.
- Anyone who is sexually active at least once can get or give an STD
- Condoms can help to prevent some STD's but are not 100% effective even with consistent users.
- The most common STD are present in up to 30% of the sexually active population without symptoms