In the coming weeks, the Interim President and Vice-Chancellor will be striking an advisory committee under section 3 of the Policy on the Appointment of the President and Vice-Presidents concerning the appointment of a Vice-President, Research. Dr. Tim Kenyon has served in the role since 2018 and is eligible for re-appointment.
The Interim President is seeking nominations for members to serve on the advisory committee.
Under the Policy, the advisory committee will be chaired by the President and consist of:
- one full-time faculty member representing each of the Faculties and a Professional Librarian (to be recommended by the Governance Committee of Senate);
- two lay members of the Board of Trustees (to be recommended by the Board);
- one undergraduate student Senator or student Board member (representing BUSU and recommended by the Governance Committee);
- one graduate student (representing the GSA and recommended by the Governance Committee);
- one permanent staff member (to be recommended by the President; permanent staff members reporting directly to the Vice-President, Research are not eligible to serve); and
- one senior administrative officer of the University recommended by the Senior Administrators’ Council.
Students, staff and faculty members interested in serving on the advisory committee are asked to nominate themselves using the Advisory Committee Nomination Form by 430 PM on Friday, November 5. It is expected that the Committee will begin its work in January 2022 and conclude by June 2022.
Regular updates will be provided to the University community as the search process progresses.