Have ambitious innovation plans? Mitacs can assist you in achieving them!
In partnership with Mitacs, the Goodman School of Business is participating in the Business Strategy Internship (BSI) program. This program supports graduate and undergraduate students and businesses to help them reach their innovation goals. $10K or $15k awards are available for students to undertake a collaborative internship.
Internships can commence immediately once a partner organization and student submit a project proposal and it is approved. Projects will be approved on a first come, first serve basis.
Organizations receive support to reach their business innovation goals
Students complete a supervised project as a 16-week paid internship during which they gain valuable experience, coaching and mentorship.
Partner organization eligibility
- Be a registered Canadian business
- Be an incorporated Canadian Not-for-profit
- Small to Mid-Sized company with less than 500 full-time employees
Commitments from partner organizations:
- Businesses or NFP’s must provide $5,000+HST or $7,500+HST in funding to support an internship
- Funding will be matched by Mitacs 1:1 for a $10,000 or $15,000 paid student internship
- Business or NFP must co-submit an internship proposal with a student
- Meet weekly with student (virtually recommended) to update on progress and plan next steps
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student at Brock University
- Not a current, active participant in another Mitacs program
Commitments from Student:
- Meet weekly with supervisor to report on progress of the project
- At end of program will be required to complete an exit survey
- Student must complete a final report summarizing the work that was completed