The BSI program supports businesses and not-for-profits through internships for students in response to COVID-19!
In partnership with Mitacs, the Goodman School of Business is participating in the Business Strategy Internship (BSI) program. This program supports graduate and undergraduate students in undertaking a strategy project with a business or not-for-profit to help restore or modify their business operations disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Organizations contribute $5,000 to the project and this is matched 1:1 by Mitacs to support the student internship.
Internships can commence immediately once a partner organization and student submit a project proposal and have been approved. Projects will be approved on a first come, first serve basis.
Organizations receive support to restore or modify business operations in the new economic environment.
Students complete a supervised project as a 16-week paid internship during which they gain valuable experience, coaching and mentorship.
Partner organization eligibility
- Be a registered Canadian business
- Be an incorporated Canadian Not-for-profit
- Small to Mid-Sized company with less than 500 full-time employees
Commitments from partner organizationS:
- Businesses or NFP’s must provide $5,000+HST in funding to support an internship
- Funding will be matched by Mitacs 1:1 for a $10,000 paid student internship
- Business or NFP must co-submit an internship proposal with a student
- Meet weekly with student (virtually recommended) to update on progress and plan next steps
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student at Brock University, returning to studies in September 2020
- Not a current, active participant in another Mitacs program
Commitments from Student:
- Meet weekly with supervisor to report on progress of the project
- At end of program will be required to complete an exit survey
- Student must complete a final report summarizing the work that was completed