On March 21, the UNESCO Chair on Community Sustainability: From Local to Global, and the Environmental Sustainability Research Centre hosted the annual UNESCO World Poetry Day Celebration in St. Catharines. Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with us at Mahtay Café!
The theme for this year was “The Future We Want.” We would like to thank to everyone who submitted poems to the annual sustainability poetry contest and congratulate the 2018 winners:
* Hannah Johnston, Elementary Student (Poem: “Now”)
* Emily Lizbet Fulton, High School Student (Poem: “Do we have to die before dessert”)
* Danielle Izzard, College/University Student (Poem: “My feet are damp”)
* Liz Bonisteel, General Public (Poem: “Two worlds”)
* Victoria Vieira, College/University Student, French (Poem: “Les cris d’univers”)
We would also like to say a big thanks to the contest judges: Gregory Betts, Adam Dickinson, Neta Gordon, Nigel Lezama, and Catherine Parayre.
Visit the UNESCO Chair website to learn more about the sustainability poetry contest.