The latest edition of “Brock Education: A Journal of Educational Research and Practice” brings together several timely essays that engage pressing educational topics, making it a must read for researchers, practitioners and students across the disciplines in which the varied works are grounded.
- Editorial: Freedom of Speech in Academic Publishing – Trevor Norris
- “Voluntarily, Knowingly, and Intelligently”: Protecting Informed Consent in School-based Mental Health Referrals – Jan Nadine DeFehr
- The Influence of Hands-on Experimentation and Inquiry-based Learning in Elementary Science and Technology (S&T) Education – Susan Maureen Docherty-Skippen, Doug Karrow, Ghazala Ahmed
- The Implementation of the Next Generation Science Standards and the Tumultuous Fight to Implement Climate Change Awareness in Science Curricula – Christopher Thomas Holland
- Beyond Schools: Community-based Experiences as a Third Space in teacher Education– Melanie D. Janzen, Christie Petersen