The Consecutive Teacher Education program (Bachelor of Education) is available to individuals with a completed degree. It is offered as a 16-month, full-time program over two years at both of Brock’s campuses: St. Catharines and Hamilton and leads to certification and registration with the Ontario College of Teachers. (Online and part-time options are not available.)
- Program overview: To review general program information, please click here.
- Applications open: The Teacher Education Application Service (TEAS) will open via OUAC on September 20, 2019 at ouac.on.ca/teas for a September 2020 start date.
- Important dates: To view important dates and submission deadlines, please click here.
If you are interested in our concurrent education programs, (a “concurrent” program combines a first undergraduate degree and professional education into one program of study), visit the Faculty of Education website.
Applications consist of academic requirements and the experience profile, each valued at 50% of the admissions criteria.
1. Academic Requirements
Please note: Uploaded transcripts through your Brock Student Portal – Supporting Documents are considered unofficial and are used by Admissions to continue the processing of an applicant’s file in a timely manner. All uploaded transcripts must include the applicant’s full name, the name of the institution attended and the grades awarded. With an offer of admission a conditional decision will be given and students will be required to submit official transcripts sent directly from the home university.
2. Experience Profile
In addition to meeting both the minimum and division specific academic requirements, applicants must complete the experience profile which accounts for 50% of the application determination. The profile consists of:
Two 100-hour teaching-related experiences are required. Each experience must meet the following criteria:
- Significant and related to teaching
- Completed in schools or other community organizations
- Instructional in nature
- Profiles the applicant in a leadership position
- Verifiable by an immediate supervisor (not a relative or friend)
- Primary/Junior (B10) and Junior/Intermediate (B20) applicants should have some experience working with children and youth of the age group in the program to which you apply
- Intermediate/Senior (B30) applicants should have some experience in one of your teaching subjects
You may only access the Experience Profile AFTER you have submitted your application via TEAS.* Brock will send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your application. In the acknowledgement, you will be given your Campus ID, which you need to access the profile.
Accessing the Experience Profile
- Find your Campus ID via Brock’s acknowledgment email
- Log on to ‘my.brocku.ca’ and click on ‘Applicant, New, Returning Student or Alumni’
- Go to ‘Applicant & Student Self Service’ tab
- Access the Experience Profile via ‘Document Status’ tab
- We encourage you to SAVE every 10 minutes to avoid losing your work
- If you are having difficulties accessing the forms, you may need to adjust your ‘pop up blockers’ for the web browser you are using
- When you complete each of the required forms, you must close the form (X in the top right of page or use the close button at the end of the form) to return to the Student Self Service area. *Be sure to save your work first!
- We strongly recommend the use of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. DO NOT use Google Chrome
Click here to go to ‘my.brocku.ca’
*You cannot access the Experience Profile until after we receive your application from OUAC. The TEAS application will be forwarded to Brock only after payment has been received by OUAC. The experience profile will not be accessible until mid-October. If you are paying close to the December 8 payment deadline you should carefully consider your method of payment. We strongly recommend you pay by credit card to ensure you can access the Experience Profile on time.
- The verifier is not required to write a letter of reference and/or evaluation of performance, but only required to attest to the dates, hours and nature of work.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com