- If you are holding a Study Permit with remarks saying that you may work off campus, you could go to Service Canada office to apply directly for a SIN. See Service Canada St. Catharines office’s address below.
- If you are holding a Study Permit without the remarks indicating that you may work off campus, you must submit a request for an amendment to your study permit before you can apply for a SIN. There is no fee for this request. cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/amend.asp
- Then go to the Service Canada office to request a SIN. When applying this amendment, you will need a letter from Brock to confirm your current enrolment.
- Undergraduate students can download the request form.
Please select the Visa Extension on the request form or go to the Registrar’s office: Schmon Tower 301
- Graduate students can download the request form.
Please select Verification of Status Form from the above website and then check the “Confirmation of Enrolment”on the form or go to the Faculty of Graduate Studies office: Mackenzie Chown Complex D250
Check CIC website for more information: cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp
You will receive the SIN when you visit Service Canada office.
The Service Canada office in St. Catharines:
Service Canada Henley Square 395 Ontario Street St. Catharines, ON, L2N 7N6 Telephone: 1 800 206 72181 800 206 7218 FREE option 3 Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
More information can be found on the Service Canada website: