- If you are holding a Study Permit with remarks saying that you may work off campus, you could go to Service Canada office to apply directly for a SIN. See Service Canada St. Catharines office’s address below.
- If you are holding a Study Permit without the remarks indicating that you may work off campus, you must submit a request for an amendment to your study permit before you can apply for a SIN. There is no fee for this request. cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/amend.asp
- Then go to the Service Canada office to request a SIN. When applying this amendment, you will need a letter from Brock to confirm your current enrolment.
- Undergraduate students can download the request form.
Please select the Visa Extension on the request form or go to the Registrar’s office: Schmon Tower 301
- Graduate students can download the request form at: brocku.ca/graduate-studies/current-students/student-forms
Please select Verification of Status Form from the above website and then check the “Confirmation of Enrolment”on the form or go to the Faculty of Graduate Studies office: Mackenzie Chown Complex D250
Check CIC website for more information: cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp
You will receive the SIN when you visit Service Canada office.
The Service Canada office in St. Catharines:
Service Canada Henley Square 395 Ontario Street St. Catharines, ON, L2N 7N6 Telephone: 1 800 206 72181 800 206 7218 FREE option 3 Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
More information can be found on the Service Canada website: