- About Us
- Departments and Centres
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Centre for Biotechnology
- Centre for Neuroscience
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Department of Physics
- Science Stores
- Academic Programs
- Contact Us
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- The department welcomes Babak Farzad as Assistant Professor of Mathematics on July 1, 2007. Babak comes to the Department from McGill University where he was completing a post-doctoral fellowship.
- Jodie Wallis has joined the department as the Mathematics Learning Resources Manager on January 22, 2007. Jodie returns to Brock after completing her MSc at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, BC.
- Xiaojian Xu will join the department as an Assistant Professor in Statistics on July 1, 2006. Xiaojian comes to Brock from the University of Alberta, Edmonton, where she completed a PhD in 2006.
- Chantal Buteau has joined the department as an Assistant Professor on July 18, 2004. Chantal comes to Brock from the Department of Mathematics, ETH Zurich, where she completed a PhD (2003) on topological analysis of music and held positions as a research fellow and a teaching assistant.
- Jimmy Au has joined the department as the Mathematics Learning Resources Manager on August 2, 2004. Jimmy will be directing the operations of the Help Centre.
- Pina McDonnell joined the department as an Administrative Assistant on October 27, 2003. Pina comes to us from the Faculty of Education (Concurrent Education Programs); she brings to the department an expertise and experience in the administration of BSc/BEd students and has been with Brock University since 1991.
- The Physics Department approved the appointments of Henryk Fukœ and Jan Vrbik (Department of Mathematics) as adjunct professors of Physics. It is expected that these appointments would allow Professors Fukœ and Vrbik to supervise M.Sc. theses of Physics students, as well as teach courses offered by the Physics Department.
- Hichem Ben-El-Mechaiekh returned to the department as Chair as of July 1, 2003.
- John Yuen has joined the department as an Assistant Professor starting July 1, 2001. John comes to Brock from York University where he was holding an assistant professor position after completing a PhD (University of Toronto, 2001) on convergence rates of Markov chains and processes.
Department of Mathematics & Statistics Booth at Spring Open House
March 1, 2015 - 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Professor Odesski to give fourth lecture at Fields Master Class
February 27, 2015 - 3:00pm - 5:00pm