In addition to being excellent educators, our professors are on the cutting edge of mathematical research.
- Syed Ejaz Ahmed – Statistical inference, multivariate analysis and asymptotic theory.
- Stephen Anco – Differential Equations, Symmetries and Conservation Laws, Soliton Theory, Mathematical Physics, Symbolic Computation.
- Hichem Ben-El-Mechaiekh – Set-valued analysis, fixed point theory, variational methods for dynamical systems, mathematical economics, game theory and optimization
- Chantal Buteau – Mathematics Education (Technology, University Education, Teacher Education) and Mathematical Music Theory (Deterministic Modeling of Analysis, Computational Music Analysis)
- Henryk Fukś – Spatially-extended discrete dynamical systems, Cellular automata, Lattice gas automata
- Mei-Ling Huang – Nonparametric Statistical Inference, Extreme Value, Quantile Regression, Experimental Design, Applied Probability, Stochastic Models and Queueing Network, Survival Analysis and Risk Models, Probability Distribution, Monte Carlo Simulations and Resampling Techniques
- Omar Kihel – Finite field functions and their applications to coding theory and cryptography; existence of primitive polynomials over finite fields; exponential sums over finite fields
- Yuanlin Li – Homological Aspects of Rings, Group Rings and Their Applications in Combinatoric Number Theory, and Coding Theory
- William Marshall – Causal Networks, Measures of Connectivity, Linear Mixed Effect (LME) Models
- Alexander Odesskii – Mathematical Physics, Integrable Systems, Representation Theory, Algebraic Geometry, Theory of Special Functions
- Jan Vrbik – Celestial Mechanics, Perturbed Kepler Problem, Edgeworth Series, Central Limit Theorem, Maximum Likelihood Estimation, Autoregressive Models
- Thomas Wolf – Integrability of differential equations, Computer Algebra, Classical General Relativity, Mathematical Analysis of the game Go
- Xiaojian Xu – Statistical Models and Inference; Optimal Regression Designs; Robust Methods; Multivariate Analysis; Accelerated Life testing
Real & Complex Analysis
Combinatorial Design Theory
Knot-Theory, Game-Theory & Applications, Combinatorics, Abstract Mathematical Models
Mathematics education with impact of technology