In addition to being excellent educators, our professors are on the cutting edge of mathematical research.
- Syed Ejaz Ahmed – Statistical inference, multivariate analysis and asymptotic theory.
- Stephen Anco – Differential Equations, Symmetries and Conservation Laws, Soliton Theory, Mathematical Physics, Symbolic Computation.
- Hichem Ben-El-Mechaiekh – Set-valued analysis, fixed point theory, variational methods for dynamical systems, mathematical economics, game theory and optimization
- Chantal Buteau – Mathematics Education (Technology, University Education, Teacher Education) and Mathematical Music Theory (Deterministic Modeling of Analysis, Computational Music Analysis)
- Henryk Fukś – Spatially-extended discrete dynamical systems, Cellular automata, Lattice gas automata
- Omar Kihel – Finite field functions and their applications to coding theory and cryptography; existence of primitive polynomials over finite fields; exponential sums over finite fields
- Yuanlin Li – Homological Aspects of Rings, Group Rings and Their Applications in Combinatoric Number Theory, and Coding Theory
- William Marshall – Causal Networks, Measures of Connectivity, Linear Mixed Effect (LME) Models
- Alexander Odesskii – Mathematical Physics, Integrable Systems, Representation Theory, Algebraic Geometry, Theory of Special Functions
- Jan Vrbik – Celestial Mechanics, Perturbed Kepler Problem, Edgeworth Series, Central Limit Theorem, Maximum Likelihood Estimation, Autoregressive Models
- Thomas Wolf – Integrability of differential equations, Computer Algebra, Classical General Relativity, Mathematical Analysis of the game Go
- Xiaojian Xu – Statistical Models and Inference; Optimal Regression Designs; Robust Methods; Multivariate Analysis; Accelerated Life testing
Real & Complex Analysis
Combinatorial Design Theory
Knot-Theory, Game-Theory & Applications, Combinatorics, Abstract Mathematical Models
Mathematics education with impact of technology
Nonparametric Statistical Inference, Extreme Value, Quantile Regression, Experimental Design, Applied Probability, Stochastic Models and Queueing Network, Survival Analysis and Risk Models, Probability Distribution, Monte Carlo Simulations and Resampling Techniques