The Brock University Volunteer Association (BUVA) was established to provide an opportunity for students to receive ongoing training, connect with other community-minded students and gain access to unique volunteer opportunities with the Games and other community organizations in Niagara.
Members of the association will attend monthly meetings, commit to contributing 20 volunteer hours over the year and will complete various workshops to develop skills and competencies.
Who can join?
The association is open to all Brock students, undergraduate and graduate who are interested in volunteering in Niagara.
Please Note: Due to COVID-19 social distancing protocols, virtual opportunities will be available.
Why should you join?
- Connect with like-minded students
- Build community
- Build your resume
- Develop skills
- Make an impact in the Niagara community
- Earn credit in the Campus Wide Co-Curriculum
What type of volunteer opportunities will be available to the BUVA members?
We are partnering with many community organizations throughout the year including the Canada Games Host Society in preparation for the 2021 Summer Games, the YWCA Niagara Region and the Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre.
- Complete the online ExperienceBU BUVA Application Form (here) telling us who you are and why you would like to join the association by Friday, September 25th at noon.
- There will be a follow up online interview so we can get to know you a little better.
- We will welcome new members at our first meeting in October 2020.
- There will be a virtual BUVA information session hosted during Welcome Week. Additional information will be posted on ExperienceBU.
How do I find out more information about BUVA?
- You can find out more about the Brock University Volunteer Association by visiting Career Zone (Market Hall), Student Life & Community Experience (MC A 204) or Brock International (International Centre)
- You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 905 688-5550 x6321
To learn about some of the experiences our BUVA members had in their first year, visit our Community Engagement Spotlight page.
If looking to connect with the Brock University Volunteer Association about potential volunteer opportunities that may fit BUVA, please contact Kristen Smith (email@example.com, 905 688 5550 x3845).