The Brock University Volunteer Association (BUVA) was established to provide an opportunity for students to receive ongoing training, connect with other community-minded students and gain access to unique volunteer opportunities with the Games and other community organizations in Niagara.
Members of the association will attend monthly meetings, commit to contributing 20 volunteer hours over the year and will complete various workshops to develop skills and competencies.
Who can join?
The association is open to all Brock students, undergraduate and graduate who are interested in volunteering in Niagara.
Why should you join?
- Connect with like-minded students
- Build community
- Build your resume
- Develop skills
- Make an impact in the Niagara community
- Earn credit in the Campus Wide Co-Curriculum
What type of volunteer opportunities will be available to the BUVA members?
We are partnering with many community organizations throughout the year including the Canada Games Host Society in preparation for the 2021 Summer Games, the YWCA Niagara Region and the Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre.
- Complete the online ExperienceBU BUVA Application Form (Here) telling us who you are and why would you like to join the association by Wednesday, September 25 at noon
- There will be a follow up on-line interview so we can get to know you a little better
- We will welcome new members at our first meeting in October 2019
- There will be a BUVA information session at noon on September 18. Additional information including location will be posted on ExperienceBU
How do I find out more information about BUVA?
- You can find out more about the Brock University Volunteer Association by visiting Career Zone (Market Hall), Student Life & Community Experience (MC A 204) or Brock International (International Centre)
- You can also reach us by email at email@example.com or at 905 688-5550 x6321
If looking to connect with the Brock University Volunteer Association about potential volunteer opportunities that may fit BUVA, please contact Kristen Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 688 5550 x3845).