Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Department of Engineering
Dr. Kaur works on synthesis, engineering, and investigation of nanostructured materials, such as two-dimensional materials for developing a variety of applications in the areas of clean energy technologies, antimicrobial coatings, and environmental remediation. At Kaur’s lab, we develop surface engineered multifunctional materials and study their physical, chemical, and electrochemical properties for creating components for energy conversion and storage devices, such as batteries, supercapacitors, and electrolysers. We are also interested in creating advanced functional materials for antimicrobial coatings, biodegradable packaging films and hybrid structures for applications in biotechnology.
We have openings for graduate students for masters and PhD projects starting from Fall 2022. If you are interested, please reach out at email@example.com.
- Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral fellow, Ryerson University, Canada
- Postdoctoral fellow, University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy
- PhD Physics, Eternal University, India
- MSc Physics, University of Delhi, India
- BSc (Honors) Physics, University of Delhi, India
- Bidirectional Superionic Conduction in Surface Engineered 2D Hexagonal Boron Nitrides
Jasneet Kaur, Adel Malekkhouyan, Gurpreet Singh Selopal, Raajvi Tailor, Federico Rosei and Hadis Zarrin. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces (2021), 13, 5, 6532–6544.
- Plasmon-free polymeric nanowrinkled substrates for surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy Marziye Mirbagheri*, Jasneet Kaur*, Hoang Vu Pham, Vahid Adibnia, Hadis Zarrin, Xavier Banquy and Dae Kun Hwang. *These authors contributed equally to this. Langmuir (2021), 37, 1, 322–329.
- Two-Dimensional Functionalized Hexagonal Boron Nitride for Solar-Driven Hydrogen generation
Omar Abdelkarim, Jasneet Kaur, Gurpreet S. Selopal, Jiabin Liu, Mahyar Mohammadnezhad, Hadis Zarrin, Aygan Yurtsever, Ghada Bassioni, Zhiming M. Wang, Federico Rosei. Journal of Materials Chemistry A (2020), 8: 20698-20713.
- Biological interactions of biocompatible and water dispersed MoS2 nanosheets with bacteria and human cells
Jasneet Kaur, Manjot Singh, Carmella Dell‘Aversana, Rosaria Benedetti, Paola Giardina, Manuella Rossi, Mohammadhasan Valadan, Alessandaro Vergara, Anna Cutarelli, Angela Michela Immacolata Montone, Lucia Altucci, Federica Corrado, Angela Nebbioso and Carlo Altucci, Scientific Reports (2018), 8: 16386.
- Electrostatically driven scalable synthesis of MoS2-Graphene hybrid films assisted by hydrophobins
Jasneet Kaur, Alessandro Vergara, Manuela Rossi, Alfredo Maria Gravagnuolo, Mohammadhassan Valadan, Federica Corrado, Mariarosaria Conte, Felice Gesuele, Paola Giardina and Carlo Altucci, RSC Advances (2017), 7: 50166.
- Green synthesis of luminescent and defect-free bio-nanosheets of MoS2: interfacing two-dimensional crystals with hydrophobins
Jasneet Kaur, Alfredo Maria Gravagnuolo, Felice Gesuele, Paola Giardina and Carlo Altucci, RSC Advances (2017), 7: 22400.
- Anionic polymerization in Co and Fe doped ZnO: Nanorods, magnetism and photoactivity
Jasneet Kaur, R.K. Kotnala, Vinay Gupta and Kuldeep Chand Verma, Current Applied Physics (2014), 14: 749.
- Multiferroic and magnetoelectric properties of nanostructured BaFe0.01Ti0.99O3 thin films obtained under polyethylene glycol conditions
Kuldeep Chand Verma, Jasneet Kaur, N.S. Negi and R.K. Kotnala, Solid State Communication (2014), 178: 11.
- Raman spectra, photoluminescence, and ferromagnetism in pure and Co and Fe doped SnO2 nanoparticles
Jasneet Kaur, Jyoti Shah, R.K. Kotnala, Kuldeep Chand Verma, Ceramics International (2012), 38: 5563.
- Hydrothermal conditions on Sn0.95Co0.05O2: Nanostructures, ferromagnetism and optical behaviour
Jasneet Kaur, N.S. Negi, R.K. Kotnala and Kuldeep Chand Verma, Journal of Sol-gel Science and Technology (2013), 65: 411.
- Structural, magnetic and XPS studies of Sn0.95Co0.05O2-0.05 and Sn0.95Fe0.05O2-0.05 nanoparticles
Jasneet Kaur, Kunal Sahni, Vikas Kumar, Kartik Thakur, R.K. Kotnala and Kuldeep Chand Verma, Philosophical Magazine (2013), 93(4): 356.
- Size dependent dielectric properties of Co and Fe doped SnO2 nanoparticles and their nanorods by Ce co-doping
Jasneet Kaur, R.K. Kotnala,Vinay Gupta and Kuldeep Chand Verma, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics (2012), 50(1): 57.
- Ferromagnetism, Raman spectra and Photoluminescence of Sn0.91Co0.05Ce0.04O2 and Sn0.91Fe0.05Ce0.04O2 nanorods
Jasneet Kaur, R.K. Kotnala, Vinay Gupta and Kuldeep Chand Verma, Advanced Materials Research (2012), 488: 226.
- Co and Fe doped SnO2 nanorods by Ce co-doping and their electrical and magnetic properties
Jasneet Kaur, Jaspreet Kaur, R.K. Kotnala, Vinay Gupta, Kuldeep Chand Verma, Advanced Materials Letters (2012), 10.5185/amlett.2012.icnano.142.
- Magnetoelectric Coupling of Fe doped BaTiO3 nanowires
Jaspreet Kaur, Jasneet Kaur, R.K. Kotnala, Vinay Gupta, Kuldeep Chand Verma, Advanced Materials Letters (2012), 3(5): 371.
- Awarded Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral fellowship, 2019 – 2020
- Selected for Invention to Innovation (i2I) Skills training 2020 offered by Mitacs and Simon Fraser University, October 2020 – May 2021
- Awarded Postdoctoral fellowship by the Department of Physics, University of Naples “Federico II”, Naples, Italy, 2015 – 2017
- Research Excellence Award at the Indo-Global Education Summit-2013 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, India, 2013
- Best poster prize at a poster competition in a conference “Chemistry Innovations for Human Wellbeing” at Himachal Pradesh University, India, 2011
- Research Sponsors: Mitacs, NSERC Canada, Ryerson University and Brock University
Teaching Assignments (2021-2022):
- PHYS 5P81- Sample Preparation and Characterization Techniques for Materials Science
- PHYS 5P80 – Advanced Experimental Methods in Condensed Matter Physics II
- PHYS 1P22/92 – Introductory Physics II
- ENGS 3P22 – Shaping the Future: Energy Frontiers