Reports and Presentations
(Grouped by date)
- Plummer, R. (2011). Moving beyond descriptive accounts: Resilience surrogates, evaluative metrics, and synthesis-based approaches. Presentation at Resilience, Innovation, and Sustainability: Navigating the Complexities of Global Change, March 11-16, 2011, Tempe, Arizona.
- Schultz, L. & Plummer, R. (2011). Social-ecological inventories: An approach for finding key actors (and engaging them). Presentation at Resilience, Innovation, and Sustainability: Navigating the Complexities of Global Change, March 11-16, 2011, Tempe, Arizona
- R.C. Mitchell (11 February 2011) “Human Rights and Health Promotion: A Canada Fit for Children?” Paper presented during Promoting Health Equity: Action on the Social Determinants of Health 11-12 February, 2011 at Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario.
- R.C. Mitchell (9 March 2011) BESRU Inaugural Public Event and Seminar Presentation at Rodman Hall, St. Catharines “Brock University Carbon Audit Executive Report” (in partnership with HRCarbon Consultants).
- Telfer, D. J. (2011) Developing Sustainable Tourism: Examples from Around the World. The Biosphere Reserve Designation: Creating and Promoting Sustainable Tourism Experiences, Vittoria, Ontario (29 April 2011).
- Power, Participation and Leadership: Framing Approaches for Community Climate Change Adaptation, presentation to the Environmental Change Governance Group, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, April 21st, 2011
- X2011 Dupont, D.P. “Reclaimed Wastewater and the WTP to Avoid Summer Water Restrictions: Incorporating Endogenous Free-Riding Beliefs” Invited presentation at the 1st annual workshop/meeting sponsored by the Centre for Water Economics, Environment and Policy at the Crawford School at the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, March 30, 2011 and at the Agricultural Economics Society at the University of Warwick, Coventry, England, April 18-20, 2011.
- Dupont, D. P. “Reclaimed Wastewater: Household Views and Acceptability of Alternative End Uses” at the 46th Central Canadian Symposium on Water Quality Research, Burlington, February 22-23, 2011.
- Vasseur, L. 2011. Updates on climate change scenarios and directions for adaptations in Great Sudbury. Greater Sudbury Consortium on Climate Change, City of Greater Sudbury and Social Planning. February 24 (general public seminar) and 25 (workshop participants).
- History of Ornithology in the Niagara Region presented to the Bertie Historical Society. April 2011
- October Count 2010 presented to the Buffalo Ornithological Club. March 2011
- “Prairie Farm Women: Issues of Work, Gender, and Community” presented at Water Conservation and Rural Communities International Seminar, Canada and Chile, (Canadian International Development Agency), Universidad de La Serena, La Serena, Chile, October 12-14, 2010.
- O. Brandes, S. Renzetti and K. Stinchcombe (2010) “Worth the Charge: A Primer on Conservation-Oriented Water Pricing” POLIS Project on Ecological Governance, University of Victoria
- J. Bruneau and S. Renzetti (2010) “A Longitudinal Study of Water Recycling in Manufacturing Plants” presentation at the 4th World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists, June, Montreal.
- S. Renzetti (2010) “Full Cost Accounting and Pricing for Water: Challenges and Opportunities” invited presentation to the McGill Institute for the Study of Canada annual conference “Canadian Water: Myths, Issues and Realities: Towards a National Water Strategy” McGill University, March 25-26, 2010.
- Plummer, R., de Loë, R., & Swainson, B. (2010). Multi-level Water Governance in Canada: Probing the Connection between Learning and Policy Transfer. Presentation at Social Learning and Sustainability: Exploring Critical Issues in Relation to Environmental Change and Governance, Stockholm, June1-2.
- R.C. Mitchell & Jay Parmar of HRCarbon Consultants (2010) “Research Report for Brock University GHG (Carbon) Footprint – Executive Summary from Data Collection for 2008”.
- Communities, Climate Change Adaptation Leadership and the Role of Social Learning, Social Learning and Sustainability: Exploring Critical Issues in Relation to Environmental Change and Governance, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm, Sweden 1–2 June 2010
- May, B. and Plummer, R. (2010). Adaptive Collaborative Risk Management & Climate Change Adaptation in the Niagara Region, Canada. Presentation at the Fourth Mistra-SWECIA Science Seminar, Stockholm, May 28
- Climate Change Adaptation: Research on Adaptation Leadership. Presentation at the Bi-National Economic and Tourism 2010 Forum, Panel on Creativity, Bi-National Tourism Alliance, Niagara Falls, New York, March.
- Dupont, D. P. and Renzetti, S. 2010. “The Value of Water: Understanding the Contribution of Water to the Canadian Economy” Final Report written for the Canadian Water Network and the Walter and Duncan Gordon Foundation. October, 2010. 49pp.
- Dupont. D. P. “At Odds with Water: Perceived Health Risks & Water in Canada” (with C. Schram and V. Adamowicz) presented at the 3rd Biennial Conference of the American Society of Health Economists, Ithaca, NY, June 20-23, 2010.
- Dupont, D. P. “Fish Harvesting Rights-Based Management Programs in Canada:Lessons from Two Coasts and a Centre” Invited presentation to Pacific Island Region Fisheries Catch Share Workshop, at University of Hawaii-Manoa, March 9-12, 2010, Honolulu, HI.
- Vasseur, L. 2010. Les femmes et le développement durable dans les communautés rurales : information, réveil et action. In Gaudet, J-d’A. & L. Lafortune (Eds.). Les femmes, les sciences et le développement durable. Presses de l’Université du Québec, Québec. Pages 59-70.
- Vasseur, L. 2010. Changes in plant communities: approaches to visualize spatial or temporal changes. Symposium on Data Recording: Legacy for Biodiversity Conservation? Joint conference of the International Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC) and the Canadian Botanical Association (CBA/ABC), Ottawa. May 31 – June 5, 2010.
- (R) Vasseur, L., You, M, Régnière, J. & Zheng, Y. 2010. Visualizing species diversity changes in communities: a different approach. 95th Ecological Society of America, Pittsburg, PA, USA. August 1 - 6, 2010 (accepted).
- (R) McMillan, E. and L. Vasseur. 2010. Environmental Education: Interdisciplinarity in Action. The 5th International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences. University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom, August 2-4, 2010. (accepted)
- (R) Vasseur, L. (2010). Moving from research into action on issues of climate change for a Canadian community: integration of sciences into decision making. Second International Conference on Climate Change. Common Ground Publishing. Brisbane, Australia. July 8-10, 2010.
- Vasseur, L., Y. Ouédraogo, C. Tranchant & A. Thiombiano. 2010. Protéger la biodiversité : la survie des écosystèmes et de l’humain face au changement climatique. Colloque international sur la crise environnementale. CEPAPE, Université de Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. March 4-5, 2010.
- Vasseur, L. And A. Sinclair. 2010. Panel discussion: Species at risk and conservation. Re-introduction - When, How and Where? Biodiversity 2010 and beyond. Sciences and collections. Joint conference of the Canadian Botanical Association and Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections. University of Ottawa, May 31 – June 5, 2010.
- Vasseur, L. 2010. Invasive plants in national parks in Canada: status and issues. Fujian Agricultural and Forestry University, Fuzhou, China. November 4, 2010.
- Vasseur, L. 2010. Climate change adaptation at a community level: case study of Sudbury. Fujian Agricultural and Forestry University, Fuzhou, China. November 4, 2010.
- Birds 4 Seasons. Presented October 2010 to the Stevensville Conservation Club.
- Birds in Marcy Woods. Presented on April 2010 for the Fort Erie community. Sponsored by the Bert Miller Nature Club.
- S. Renzetti and C. Busby (2009) “Water Pricing: Infrastructure Grants Hinder Necessary Reform” Policy Options (July/August), pp 29-34.
- Expert Panel on Groundwater (2009) Sustainable Management of Groundwater in Canada Council of Canadian Academies, Ottawa (I was a member of the panel)
- R.C. Mitchell & J. Corman (2009) “Sustaining Change at Brock: Research Report - Preparing Brock University for the CAMPUS SUSTAINABILITY AUDIT 2008-09. [Brock University's REB File # 08-067 MITCHELL/CORMAN].
- Telfer, D. and Hashimoto, A. (2009 ) “Reconnecting with the Rural Heritage Experience in Oita, Japan”. Tourist Experiences: Meanings, Motivations, Behaviours Conference, University of Central Lancashire, April 1-4, 2009, Preston, England
- Dupont, D. P. “Thirsting for Knowledge: An Economist’s Investigation of Pressing Water Issues” Chancellor’s Chair for Research Excellence Lecture. Brock University. November 10, 2009.
- Dupont, D. P, “Choosing Filtered and Bottled Water Over Tap: An Examination of Motivations for Water Consumption Choices in Canada” (with W. Adamowicz and A. Krupnick) presented at the 2nd International Conference On Water Economics, Statistics, and Finance (International Water Association – IWA), Alexandroupolis, Thrace, Greece, 3-5 July 2009.
- Dupont, D. P. “Gender, Household, and Regional Differences in Water Consumption Choices” (with W. Adamowicz and A. Krupnick) presented at the Canadian Economics Association meetings, May 30, 2009.
- (commissioned position paper) Vasseur, L. and E. McMillan. 2009. Climate Change Position Paper. Positioning the Nickel District Conservation Authority within the City of Greater Sudbury in a Future Climate. Presented to and approved by the Nickel District Conservation Authority and the City of Greater Sudbury. March 2009. 20 pages.
- Vasseur, L. (2009). Femmes et écologie. Volume 12, numéro 2. Recherches féministes, Université Laval. Including introduction : L’écologie : une science ou un enjeu de la vie quotidienne?
- Vasseur, L. 2009. Changement climatique: est-ce le temps de changer les rôles ou les règles du jeu? (Climate change : is it the time to change the roles and the rules?) Power Shift Canada, a national youth summit on climate change and the green economy. Nepean Sportsplex, Ottawa. October 23, 2009.
- Vasseur, L. 2009. Climate change in the Atlantic Provinces. Conference Board of Canada. Halifax, NS. March 25-26, 2009.
- Vasseur, L. 2009. Panel discussion on skills to learn before graduation. Ocean Management Research Network Conference, University of Ottawa, October 21, 2009.
- Vasseur, L. and A. Sinclair. 2009. Panel 1: Life after graduation: the various paths for botanists and Panel 2: Defining critical habitats under SARA. Canadian Botanical Association Annual Meeting, Acadia University, NS. May 18-21.
- Vasseur, L. 2009. Les sciences environnementales du Canada à l’Afrique de l’Ouest: le défi de l’interdisciplinarité. 77ème Congrès annuel de l’ACFAS Colloque 605 « Enseignement des sciences dans divers espaces francophones : obstacles, défis et possibilités d’une science en français au 21ème siècle et au delà». Université d’Ottawa. Mai 2009.
“The Role of Women and Rural Water Sustainability in Chile” (presented with Sonia Salas, PhD, University of La Serena, Chile) at the Canadian Women’s Studies Association meetings at the Congress of Social Science and Humanities, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C, June 1-3, 2008.Hashimoto, A and Telfer, D. (2008) EUTO/TTRI Conference, Nottingham, U.K, 24-26, September 2008, “The Challenges of Developing Sustainable Partnerships in Rural Tourism in Traditional Japan”
- Hashimoto, A and Telfer, D. (2008) “From farming to a landscape museum: shifting community focus in rural Japan,” ISSRM 2008 Conference – People and Place: Linking Culture and nature, Burlington, Vermont, 9-12 June 2008
- Vasseur, L. and N. Catto. 2008. Atlantic Canada of the NRCan national assessment report: From Impacts to Adaptation: Canada in a Changing Climate 2007. Climate Change Adaptation for Atlantic Canada Workshop. Co-Hosted by Natural Resources Canada, Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Directorate & New Brunswick Department of Environment Saint John, NB. May 8-9, 2008.
- Vasseur, L. 2008. Les femmes et le développement durable dans les communautés rurales : information, réveil et action. Colloque sur les enjeux des femmes dans le développement durable. Organisé par l’AFFESTIM, AUF et ACDI. October 6-7, 2008. Université de Moncton, NB.
- Vasseur, L. and N. Catto. 2008. Coastal communities and climate change: vulnerabilities and complexity in adaptation measures. Canadian Association of Geographers. Quebec City. May 21, 2008
- “Farm women: The key to food sustainability in Canada”, (presented with Amber Fletcher, York University) at the XXII European Society for Rural Sociology Conference, Wageningen, Netherlands, August 20-24, 2007.
- Dupont, D. P. “Drinking Water Valuation: Challenges, Approaches, and Opportunities” Invited address to the National Academy of Science, Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) workshop entitled "Global Environmental Health: Research Gaps and Barriers for Providing Sustainable Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Services", Washington, October 18, 2007.
- Daigle, R., Forbes, D., Parkes, G., Ritchie, H., Webster, T., Bérubé, D., Hanson, A., DeBaie, L., Nichols, S. and Vasseur, L. (2006): Impacts of sea level rise and climate change on the coastal zone of southeastern New Brunswick; Environment Canada, 613 p., online, http://www.adaptation.nrcan.gc.ca/projdb/pdf/20061113_ full_report_e.pdf [January 17, 2007].
- Vasseur, L. And L. Léger. 2007. Promoting community sustainability through adaptive responses to socio-economic and risk assessments of the potential impacts of climate change scenarios in a natural resource-based, mid-sized Canadian Shield community: Greater Sudbury Ontario. Project #A1241. Final report to Natural Resources Canada. 45 pages.
- Pruneau, D., A. Doyon, J. Langis, L. Vasseur, E. Ouellet, G. Martin, E. McLaughlin & G. Boudreau. 2006. When students integrate environmental behaviours into their daily lives. In Filho, W. (ed.), Hankdbook of sustainability research.
- Breeding Birds of the Laythrope Nature Reserve in Fonthill. Report for the Nature conservancy of Canada. July 2006.
- Adamowicz, V.; Dupont, D.P. and Krupnick, A. 2005 “Willingness to Pay to Reduce Community Health Risks from Municipal Drinking Water: A Stated Preference Study” Report written for the United Stated Environmental Protection Agency. October 2005. 62 pp.
Interested in Joining ESRC?
As of May 1st, 2013, our membership categories and procedures have undergone some changes. Please visit our Membership page to see how you can join ESRC. If you have any questions, please contact our Membership Manager, Atsuko Hashimoto.
Interested in Signing up for our Mailing List or Volunteering with ESRC?
If you are interested in keeping up-to-date with ESRC news, events, volunteer opportunities, and more, please sign up for our mailing list here.