Given today’s competitive environment, strategic planning can no longer remain static until the next annual review. As such, scenario planning, strategies and strategic plans need to evolve accordingly to avoid the gap between strategy creation and execution. This hands-on session provides you with the essentials to develop and implement aligned and targeted plans and strategies.
The session “Develop Your Strategic Planning Skills” is designed to equip individuals with the knowledge and tools necessary to form an understanding of strategic planning. This session provides a comprehensive understanding of strategic planning concepts, frameworks, and methodologies. Participants will learn how to analyze internal and external factors, assess market trends, and formulate effective strategies to drive organizational success.
By participating in this session, participants will enhance their strategic thinking abilities and acquire valuable skills sought after by employers across industries. Whether you are a business professional looking to advance your career or an entrepreneur seeking to develop a robust strategic roadmap for your venture, this session will empower you with the expertise needed to make informed decisions and navigate complex business landscapes.
What you’ll learn in “Developing your Strategic Planning Skills” at Brock
- Discuss the challenges between strategy creation and execution
- Understand the best practices for aligning strategy goals, plans, and how to mitigate organizational and people risks
- Recognize the steps, guiding principles, approaches to and factors impacting effective strategy planning and execution
- Apply steps to a robust strategic planning process that are essential for effective strategy execution
Strategic Planning Skills for:
- New Leaders
- Plant Managers
- Plan to introduce strategic changes with timeliness
By completing Developing your Strategic Planning Skills at Brock University you will have access to the practical tools used by experts in strategic planning processes with extensive business experience, hands-on application of the tools and frameworks that are easily applied taking the theory out of learning. Learners will connect with local peers expanding their professional network.
- Working laptop with high-speed internet access
- Zoom application
- Microsoft 365 suite of applications (PowerPoint and Excel)
For the November 9, 2023 session, learners will be provided log in details and materials prior to the session start after they register. Registration closes one week before the start date.
Delivery Mode: Online
Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
If you would like to check availability after close date, please contact us.