Brock University’s Computer Commons (also known as the Fishbowl) will be opening physically distanced workstations for students beginning Tuesday, Sept. 29.
Students can book one of 10 Windows-based computer stations once per day for up to two hours. There is an accessible workstation available, as well as printing access at all stations. All of the software available in the Computer Commons is also available in the virtual labs.
The Commons will be open from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:10 to 4 p.m. To book a workstation, visit .
Students who are interested in booking these spaces must adhere to the following guidelines when entering campus:
- Before coming to campus, students must use the .
- Upon entering the Computer Commons, students will display the booking confirmation to staff at the Help Desk and proceed to their assigned spot following the safety floor markings
- There will be disinfectant supplies available to fully wipe down the workstation before and after use. Additionally, all study spaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized twice each day by staff.
- Printing accounts must be loaded online before coming to the Computer Commons. Physical print vouchers are not available to be purchased at this time.
- Face coverings will be required at all times.
Advanced booking is required, and students may book one time slot up to two hours per day, up to two weeks in advance.
The Computer Commons is exclusively available for individual use by Brock students. No group study is allowed, with no exceptions for close friends or relatives.
No food is allowed within the workstations; however, students can bring a covered drink.
Anyone with additional questions should visit the .