Initial Teacher Education: Application Steps
- December 3, 2012 Document Deadline
- December 10, 2012 Document Deadline
- December 14, 2012 Document Deadline
- January 25, 2013 Document Deadline
- Ordering Transcripts
All applicants interested in applying to the Teacher Education Intermediate/Senior, Junior/Intermediate, Primary/Junior and/or the Technological Education divisions must complete the following via OUAC (Ontario Universities’ Application Centre) by the December 3, 2012 application deadline to be considered for fall 2013 entry:
- TEAS application available online beginning September 2012 until December 3, 2012 (www.ouac.on.ca/teas)
- Transcript requests ordered through OUAC
December 10, 2012 OUAC Fees Deadline:
Applicants must submit the following to OUAC no later than December 10, 2012:
- TEAS application fee
- Experience Profile supplementary fee
- Appropriate transcript fees (ordered via OUAC)
December 14, 2012 Document Deadline:
All applicants must also complete and submit the following to Brock University, Office of the Registrar, Admissions no later than December 14, 2012 (*see Note 1):
- An ORIGINAL copy of the Technological Education Experience Profile (including the two Personal Experience Verification Forms and any proof of wage earning experience letters).
- DUPLICATE copy of the Experience Profile including the two Personal Experience Verification Forms.
- Official transcripts (including notarized English translations where needed) from all secondary and post- secondary institutions attended sent directly to Brock (*see Note 2). Applicants who have completed university studies in Ontario must complete the OUAC TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM (choose “IMMEDIATE” option).
- Proof of work related skilled wage earning work experience(s) in a skilled trade or profession in the area being applied to (included in Experience Profile).
- Two distinct teaching-related experiences (included in Experience Profile), with two Experience Verification Forms.
- Certificate(s) of Qualification (if applicable) to be included in Experience Profile.
- Evidence of English language proficiency for all applicants who have indicated “Other” as first language on the OUAC application, or those whom we have requested a test result from.
- Permanent Residents (ONLY): a copy of Record of Landing.
- Secondary school transcript if a non-degree applicant.
- If applicable, an ADDITIONAL transcript showing fall semester final grades.
Applicants who have completed university studies in Ontario must complete the OUAC TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM (choose “IMMEDIATE” option). As Brock will consider courses completed by January 1, 2013, Ontario applicants currently registered in courses may order and submit an additional official transcript showing fall term grades. Choose the “END OF FALL TERM” option to order the second transcript. The second transcript must be received on or before January 25, 2013.
All other transcripts (those from outside Ontario) must be ordered directly from the host institution, OCT or WES (see Teacher Education International Documents link).
Official transcripts must be received on or before the submission deadline date, as we will not accept documents after this date. Applicants are strongly encouraged to send application packages well in advance of the deadline. The use of registered mail or courier service is strongly recommended as Brock University cannot be held responsible for mail delivery timelines
*Note 1: Recent graduates from Brock University need not order or send Brock transcripts. However, if it has been longer than five years since graduating from Brock University, there are two exceptions where transcripts must be submitted.
(1) You must provide transcripts for any courses completed on Letter of Permission.
(2) You must provide transcripts for any courses that were used for advanced standing toward your Brock degree (i.e. college or other university transcripts).
*Note 2: Regardless of time spent living in Canada or studying in an English-language school system, if your first language is not English, you must submit an English language proficiency test score. Applicants should refer to the Teacher Education English Language Proficiency Requirements link for details. Brock University graduates who were required to submit evidence of English proficiency for entry to undergraduate studies should contact the Office of the Registrar – Admissions (ext. 3562) prior to December 3, 2012 for clarification regarding submission of an English language proficiency test result.