Admission Criteria for:
Certificate, Upgrading, Audit and Undecided
Certificate and Subsequent Degree Programs: Part-time and Full-time
Applicants seeking admission to a certificate program have two options available to them. Undergraduate certificate programs are designed for students who do not already hold a degree, while post-graduate certificate programs are geared to applicants who have completed a degree. Admission requirements for entry to undergraduate certificate programs are the same as those for entry to full-time undergraduate studies. Applicants applying to post-graduate certificate programs should present a minimum of a three or four-year degree (depending on the program). Applicants to post-graduate programs are strongly encouraged to contact the relevant department to discuss their educational background prior to applying. For a list of departments refer to www.brocku.ca/academics/departments.
Undergraduate - Upgrading
- Applicants who have completed a degree may wish to upgrade for the purpose of entering graduate programs or professional schools. A degree must be completed and conferred prior to application.
- While studies are normally completed on a part-time basis, if space is available, applicants may complete their upgrading on a full-time basis (international students must study full-time).
- Apply: Undergraduate Upgrading Application
- Applicants admitted to the university may audit a course provided space is available. No credit or assessment of performance will be given in the course.
- Permission of the instructor is required and may not be granted until after the first day of lectures.
- The charge for auditing a course is 50% of the normal course.
- Apply: Undergraduate Auditor Application
Undergraduate - Undecided (new applicant)
- Open to applicants who do NOT wish to pursue degree studies, but are interested in taking a course (i.e. for interest, or college students who wish to complete a course while completing their college diploma).
- Not all courses may be open to undecided students, as many courses are open to designated majors only, or require specific prerequisites for entry.
- Admission as an ‘undecided’ applicant is automatic and does not require submission of documents or assessment for eligibility.
- Application for admission to a major is possible after completion of one term of study. Official documents showing past academic history will be necessary to be considered for a major. Contact email@example.com for further details.
- Apply: Undergraduate Part-time Application (choose program: Undecided)