Residences are open during the winter reading break.
Students leaving campus
For those who are going home or travelling we have the following advice:
You are not required to remove your personal belongings from your bedroom/unit. But please note that valuables left behind are done so at your own risk. The University is not responsible for personal property.
To help protect your personal belongings and your room/unit, please ensure the following is done before you leave:
- If you have a thermostat in your room/unit, please turn it down to 65°F (18°C);
- Securely close and lock all windows;
- Close all blinds/drapes;
- Unplug all electrical devices, including computers, hair dryers, curling irons/straighteners;
- Remove all perishable items from fridges;
- Remove all garbage and recycling and dispose of it into the proper garbage room bins or outside bins;
- Turn off clock radios/alarms;
- Turn off all lights;
- Lock your door (bedroom and unit) when you leave;
- Remember to pack your passport if you are planning to travel;
- Remember to pack any medications you might need while away;
- Take your keys/student card with you and remember to bring them back so you can get into your bedroom/unit
Report any maintenance requests to your Service Desk before your departure so they can be addressed while you are away.
Please be advised that hours are reduced for services on campus during Reading Week.
Dining Services Hours of Operation Winter Reading Break 2022
|Friday, February 18||Saturday - Saturday February 19th - 26th||Sunday February 27||Monday, February 28|
|DeCew and Lowenberger Dining Halls||Regular hours||8:30am-10:00pm||Regular Hours||Regular Hours|
Service Desk Hours of Operation Winter Reading Break 2022
|Sunday, Monday, Tuesday February 20th, 21st, 22nd||Wednesday, Thursday, Friday February 23rd, 24th, 25th||Saturday February 26th|
|North Service Desk||OPEN||OPEN||OPEN - Regular 24/7 hours resume|
|South Service Desk||OPEN only 12 noon - 8pm||OPEN only 8:30am - 12:30am||OPEN - Regular 24/7 hours resume|