The Brock Philosophy MA program is the only program in Canada where students may study Eastern philosophy and contemporary continental thought. The program focuses on the following areas: recent and contemporary continental and Asian thought, as well as comparative philosophy. Students will also become more familiar with post-structural continental thinkers.
- Contemporary Continental Philosophy
- Eastern Philosophy
- Comparative Philosophy
- September (full-time or part-time)
- 3 terms (1 year) MRP and Thesis
This program is funded for the defined length above as outlined on our financial page.
- February 1st for September entry
*Please note that applications are accepted until the program is full. Please contact the program directly for more details.
- Check the university requirements and the program requirements.
- Complete the online application and submit the non-refundable application fee.
- You will need to submit your transcripts as well as the following program-specific materials:
- Two academic references are required.
- A statement of intent concerning graduate studies in philosophy at Brock.
- A writing sample (no more than 20 pages in length), is required and beneficial. It should be related to the study of philosophy.
- PhD programs in Philosophy, English, Comparative Literature, Political Thought and other disciplines
- Teaching Philosophy at the Highschool level
- Positions in education and education administration
- Positions on boards or governmental agencies (especially committees governing ethics)
EXPERIENCE BROCK UNIVERSITY FROM HOME
JOIN OUR VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE