The Visual Arts Gallery is excited to invite ALL Brock University students across all departments and programs to apply to the 2023 Juried Exhibition!
The selected artworks will be on display at the Visual Arts Gallery from February 28 – March 11, 2023.
APPLICATION DATE: FEBRUARY 3, 2023.
- 1-3 pieces (3 pieces max); this can be current coursework, work from a past term, or your own work.
- The selection of large format works will be limited due to the gallery footprint.
- Images at 72dpi, no larger than 1MB in JPG format ONLY. Images should be of the full work – not a cropped view. Please only show the art and not the surrounding environment. Images need to be labelled in the following format: last name, first name, title of the piece, medium, year. If the work was created as coursework, please indicate which course.
- Include a brief artist statement/bio (100 word limit) with full name and contact information. Attach this as a Microsoft Word document.
- Include a clearly organized image list/index including photographs of submitted work(s).
Exhibition Dates: Feb. 28 – March 11, 2023
Opening Reception: Fri., March 3, 2023. 4 – 7 p.m.
Location: Visual Arts Gallery, Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine & Performing Arts (lobby/main entrance).
Selected artists will be notified by February 10, 2023.
Selected art must be delivered between February 16-17, 2023 during gallery hours, 1:00 – 5:00 pm. If you cannot make this deadline, we cannot guarantee your work’s inclusion in the exhibition.
Following the exhibition, art must be collected promptly between March 13 – 14, 2023. We will not be able to store your work after the exhibition is de-installed.
TERMS OF ENTRY:
Applications are only accepted electronically and should be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading JURIED EXHIBITION SUBMISSION.
Submissions can include paintings in any medium, drawings, works of mixed media, fiber/textile art, sculpture, photography, new media, sound, and video.
Time-based media: Time-based media should be edited to 1-minute samples and submitted as an AVI, MOV (QuickTime Video), MPEG, MP4, WMV (Windows Media
Video), MP3 or WAV. Submissions must be PC and Mac-compatible. Alternatively, you
are welcome to provide a YouTube or Vimeo link. Please test all media submissions and links to ensure they are operable before sending.
If your work requires tech equipment, you must include an itemized list of necessary equipment, operating and installation details/needs.
All work must be exhibition-ready; this means proper consideration of how it will/can be installed (i.e. cables, D-Rings, mounts, stands, etc.). Framing is not necessary.
NOTE: If artwork is not considered exhibition ready when delivered, it will not be included in the exhibition.
No substitutions – only work that has been submitted and accepted by the jurors will be included in the exhibition.
Photography Permission: Images of your work may be photographed and/or shared for promotional purposes across the Visual Arts Department and Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts. If you do not wish your work/name to be shared in any manner beyond its inclusion in the Juried Exhibition, please inform Gallery Coordinator, Sonya Marie de Lazzer at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate this preference in your submission, as well.
The Gallery and participating jurors reserve the right to decline a submission. No feedback will be provided as part of this process.
Stay tuned to meet the jurors!
Please keep an eye on your inboxes following the submission deadline. Only those selected for participation will be notified with a confirmation email by February 10, with additional details and timelines.
We can’t wait to work with you!
Visual Arts Gallery, Gallery Committee & Jurors