The Visual Arts program consists of courses in studio and in the history of art and visual culture. In both cases, our courses provide a practical and critical understanding of the visual arts emphasizing personal development. To this end students are introduced to a range of historical, theoretical and critical approaches to art-making and to the investigation of cultural documents.
Visual Arts majors requesting and course overrides and course information are to email Monika Lederich at firstname.lastname@example.org with their student ID number, the course(s) and section number that they wish overrides for. When the override is processed the student will be notified by email.
Concurrent Education Students And Non-Visa Majors:
Concurrent Education students and all non-VISA Majors must email the Visual Arts academic advisor, email@example.com, with:
- their student ID number,
- the course(s) they want,
- the sections they prefer (if applicable),
- and a short description of why they want to take the course.
Students are then prioritized based on their program of study, year of study (those closest to graduation of course are the highest priority), and reason for wanting the course.
- Information on Application for Year 4 Studies
- Honours application form
- Visa 3f99 application form
- Visa 4f99 application form
- Visa 4f06 application form
- Inquiries re. the VISA undergrad calendar
- Inquiries re. Awards, Scholarships and Bursaries
- 2018 Student Info Guide
- Follow the VISA Dept on Facebook
- VISA Student representative: tba
Need a course override? Applying for fourth-year studies? Thinking of declaring your major within the Department of Visual Arts? Have a look through the menu below for some helpful information to get you on your way! For additional help, contact your advisor:
Humanities Academic Advisor
Office: MC A313 amd MW 236
Phone: 905-688-5550 x5279
For general inquiries: