A free training program offered by Brock University’s Health, Safety and Wellness team offers employees practical knowledge to increase their understanding of mental health and mental illness.
Developed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada, The Working Mind mental health employee training is an education-based program designed to address and promote mental health and reduce the stigma of mental illness in a workplace setting.
The five-hour program takes place Wednesday, Aug. 25 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. via Zoom.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding mental health and mental illness.
- Recognizing signs and indicators of mental illness in oneself and others.
- Reducing negative attitudes towards people with mental health problems.
- Supporting colleagues with mental health problems.
- Maintaining one’s own mental health and improving resilience.
Following the course, participants will receive a resource kit and certificate of completion from the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Interested employees are asked to register online by Tuesday, Aug. 24 at noon.
Questions can be emailed to Kathryn Walker, Manager, Health Management and Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org