Taking Charge of Change
Applications are open for Winter 2015!
Taking Charge of Change (TCC) is an intensive eight-week activist training program for young workers and youth activists (age 30 and under) who want to lead, build and organize for change. This program takes place in a participatory online learning environment.
This program will help you:
- build leadership skills to engage and mobilize young workers;
- build knowledge about the issues affecting young workers in the union, workplace and community;
- deepen your understanding of past and present labour and social justice issues using an anti-oppression framework;
- develop organizing skills for building a movement; and
- Bonus! Build solidarity with other young activists across the country!
TCC 2015 will be held live online – where you will learn with other young activists from coast-to-coast-to-coast. This is your opportunity to learn, share, and hone your skills as a labour and community activist. We will cover topics like worker’s history, inequality and human rights, political campaigns, radical organizing & creative action, social movement building, inter-generational organizing, and more.
Find the application, along with more information, on our website.