- Departments & Centres
- Applied Linguistics
- Dramatic Arts
- English Language and Literature
- Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Visual Arts
- Centre for Canadian Studies
- Centre for Digital Humanities
- Centre for Intercultural Studies
- Centre for Liberal Arts
- Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Centre for Studies in Arts and Culture
- Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts
- ART CENTRE
- Rodman Hall Art Centre
- Degree Programs
- Students in the Humanities
- Centre for Digital Humanities
- Dean's Conference Travel Grant
- Fulbright Visiting Research Chair
- Humanities Research Institute
- HRI Mandate and Structure
- HRI Membership
- HRI Funding
- HRI Conferences and Symposia
- Conferences and Symposia 2000 - 2001
- Conferences and Symposia 2002 - 2003
- Conferences and Symposia 2004 - 2005
- Conferences and Symposia 2005 - 2006
- Conferences and Symposia 2006 - 2007
- Conferences and Symposia 2007 - 2008
- Conferences and Symposia 2008 - 2009
- Conferences and Symposia 2009 - 2010
- Conferences and Symposia 2010 - 2011
- Conferences and Symposia 2011 - 2012
- Conferences and Symposia 2012 - 2013
- HRI Associates
- HRI Graduate Student Associates
- HRI Annual Report 2012-13
- HRI Awards
- HRI Forms and Deadlines
- The Brock Review
- Contact Us
Faculty of Humanities
Chair, Department of Visual Arts
Associate Professor Art History
PhD Queens University
Office: GLN 117
Telephone: (905) 688-5550 ext. 5306
Keri Cronin is an Associate Professor in the Visual Arts Department at Brock University. She is also a Faculty Affiliate in Brock's Social Justice & Equity Studies Graduate Program and the editor of The Brock Review. She is the author of Manufacturing National Park Nature: Photography, Ecology and the Wilderness Industry of Jasper National Park (UBC Press, 2011) and the co-editor (with Kirsty Robertson) of Imagining Resistance: Visual Culture & Activism in Canada (Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 2011). Her current research focuses on how 19th century welfare activists used art and visual culture in their campaign and educational efforts.
J. Keri Cronin, “Can’t You Talk?: Voice and Visual Culture in 19th Century Animal Welfare Campaigns” Early Popular Visual Culture Vol. 9 no.3 (2011): 203-223.
Imagining Resistance: Visual Culture & Activism in Canada (co-edited with Kirsty Robertson). Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 2011.
Manufacturing National Park Nature: Photography, Ecology, and the Wilderness Industry of Jasper National Park. Vancouver: UBC Press, 2011.
“Exhibits of a Botanicuratorial Nature” Public Vol. 41 (Spring 2010): 66-79.
“Science on a Salad Plate?: Thinking About the Representation of Natural History in the Canadian Historic Dinner Service Project” Scientia Canadensis Vol. 31 no.1/2 (Fall 2008): 113-130.
“A Tale of Two Parks: Photography, Pollution, and ‘The Pecuniary Canons of Taste’” in Thorstein Veblen's Contribution to Environmental Sociology: Essays in the Political Ecology of Wasteful Industrialism (ed. Ross Mitchell). Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press, 2007. pp.257-286.
“‘The Bears are Plentiful and Frequently Good Camera Subjects’: Picture Postcards and the Framing of Interspecific Encounters in Canada’s Rocky Mountain Parks” Mosaic Vol. 39 no. 4 (December 2006): 77-92.