A Conference for Graduating Students
Saturday February 1, 2014
Smart Finish is a one-day conference that will help take the stress and worry out of life after graduation. Graduating students must understand what employers are looking for when reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates. Featured speakers will provide you with an insider's view on creating your own personal brand, resume and interviewing strategies, and post-graduate studies. Participants can take advantage of pre-conference workshops such as career decision making, go global adventures abroad, post-graduate program information and OSAP repayment information.
Includes Kick Off Presentation by Allie Hughes, from Hughes & Co.
Employment 2.0. Being the Brand
Kick Off Presentation will be held on Saturday, February 1st and will be presented by Allie Hughes, owner of Hughes & Co and she will speak about personal brand (online and off-line) and its importance in your employment journey. The presentation will discuss the progression from University to work and will highlight the following:
- How technology can provide you with a leg up in the employment market
- Powerful personal branding as a a success model
- Your personal branding online and offline
- Discussing the "extras" that set you apart in the job market
- Understanding life beyond the job boards
- Being realistic about goal setting and understanding the time invested is related to the results
- How an entrepreneurial spirit creates great business owners, but also ladder climbing employees
Cost: $20 (includes lunch)
Deadline to register Friday January 17, 2014
Smart Finish is offered by Career Services in partnership with the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Financial Aid Office, the Goodman School of Business Career Development Office and MBA Program, Faculty of Education and the Alumni Relations Office.