Do you have an affinity for Brock? Do you work, learn or play here? Were you a student here? Make a connection to the Brock community by participating in the Mentorship Plus program - where you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact in a senior student’s life.
As a Career Mentor, you will be paired with a senior student who is either pursuing a career or post-graduate studies.
Your career mentee has an interest in your field, occupation, or industry. Throughout the mentoring relationship, you will work with your mentee to identify goals and skill sets. Along the mentoring journey you will have a better understanding of your mentee’s strengths and weaknesses. Together you will develop an action plan to help your mentee achieve their goals.
As a MENTOR you will:
- Connect with Brock Community
- Provide real life examples and practical experiences for your mentee
- Revitalize interest in your career
- Refine valuable skills – leadership, communication, problem solving
- Build strong networks through interaction with other mentors
- Help cultivate a community that supports mentorship and volunteerism
- Have the opportunity to assess your own skill set and recognize strengths and weaknesses
- Aid in retaining high skilled students as residents, employees, and leaders in the region
- Attend a mentor orientation (webinar option available)
- Commitment of 2-4 hours a month during the winter term (Jan - April)
- Willingness and ability to meet with your mentor/mentee at agreed upon times.
- Mentors who are at a distance can participate as e-mentors, where most contact takes place through email, Skype etc.
- If possible, attend Mentorship Plus events throughout the school year, for example; networking seminars, feedback roundtables, portfolio development workshop and more.
Give MENTORSHIP! I'm Interested
Please contact us at email@example.com or 905-688-5550 ext. 4853 if you have any questions or would like further information about Mentorship Plus.