The program you need to help you get the mark you want!
- Advance your academic writing skills
- Expand your research skills
- Improve your organization skills
Advantage Plus offers a series of free online videos for building research and writing skills
Brought to you by Brock Library, A-Z Learning Services
Module One: Prepare & Plan
- Introduction / Orientation
- Research from home with 'My Library Account'
- How to better manage your time
- How to improve your writing skills
Module Two: Search & Find
- Approaching research critically
- How to improve your search terms
- Finding books with SuperSearch
- You've got the call number, now find the book!
- Databases: What they are and why you need them
- How to get better results with Google Scholar
- You've got the citation, now find the article!
- How to request items the library doesn't own: RACER Interlibrary Loan
Module Three: Read & Write
- What is a "peer-reviewed" article
- Evaluating websites
- What is plagiarism and how to avoid it
- When and how to paraphrase
- How to summarize
- Using Essay Zone to improve your essay writing skills
ACCESS THE ADVANTAGE PLUS VIDEOS ANYWHERE!
Visit brocku.ca/library, click on Help, Writing & Citing, and Advantage Plus
Add to your portfolio and resume today. Your participation in the Advantage Plus modules can be recognized and tracked on your Experience Plus transcript.
Students who complete all modules will be eligible to receive an Advantage Plus certificate.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org