At the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts, we are renowned professionals who offer a dynamic range of courses and learning opportunities. We offer a unique student-centered experience in the Department of Dramatic Arts, Music, Visual Arts, and the Centre for Studies in Arts and Culture.
Inspiring, state-of-the-art facilities
Our new facilities will provide 95,000 square feet of purpose-built space. The original structure of the historic building was retained as much as possible, while adding all of the modern features any arts student would want.
Highlights include the following:
- soundproof music practice rooms
- foundation, drawing and painting studios
- lecture and seminar rooms
- digital labs, a gallery, learning and computer commons
- four rehearsal/teaching/research studios
- a versatile, stand-alone 235-seat theatre
- scenography design studio, scene and costume shops
You will be encouraged to develop your creativity and intellectual curiosity. You will experience:
- small class sizes
- energetic instruction
- close mentoring
- social engagement
- links to the broader community
Brock students also have use of the new FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre, including the 300-seat Recital Hall, and the Film House, which serves as Brock’s main lecture hall. The facility is accessible and fully AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) compliant.