As the provincially mandated lockdown continues, the Brock community is reminded of ongoing measures in place at University facilities to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Access to Brock’s main campus buildings will remain limited until at least Friday, Jan. 22. Members of the Brock community wishing to inquire about gaining access can email the COVID-19 Co-ordinator at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening areas open during the lockdown include Rankin Family Pavilion (RFP), Monday to Sunday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Cairns Complex, Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Walker Complex screening site remains closed at this time.
Anyone requiring access to buildings on the west end of campus, including Walker Complex, Welch Hall, South Block and Scotiabank Hall, must enter through the RFP screening area, where Campus Security will co-ordinate access.
Those requiring access to campus are encouraged to use the pre-screening tool on the Brock Safety App before arriving at a campus entry point.
Brock entered Stage 1 of its own Stages of Response and Recovery plan on Dec. 24, modifying University operations to abide by public health guidelines.
These changes include:
- All classes will move online, with the exception of a small number of programs allowed under the provincial framework.This exception will primarily affect Brock’s Nursing program, though other affected programs may be communicated to students by Deans. As a result, most Brock students will begin the Winter Term online and remain online-only until further notice.
- For those students who had on-campus classes on their timetable in the Winter Term, instructors will be in touch to provide further information.
- Indoor social gatherings are not permitted, and outdoor social gatherings are limited to 10 people, provided physical distancing can be maintained.
- All meeting and event spaces are closed.
- Food service at Guernsey Market will be takeout only. Indoor dining is suspended until further notice.
- University residences will continue to operate as planned, with the current mitigation measures such as significantly reduced occupancy and the no guest policy continuing.
- The James A. Gibson Library is only open for contactless book pickup. Study space is closed.
- The Computer Commons is closed.
- The Campus Store is open for online sales only with shipping available.
- All sports and recreation facilities are closed.
- Only time-sensitive research will be permitted. For the latest guidance on research access and the impact moving to Grey will have, please visit the Brock Coronavirus FAQ for research.
- The Brock-Niagara Centre for Health and Well-Being will be closed throughout the lockdown and plans to reopen Jan. 25.
The lockdown will remain in effect until at least Friday, Jan. 22. With Brock’s Winter Term classes starting on Monday, Jan. 11, updates will be provided on changes as virtually all classes will begin the Term online and remain there until further notice.
For more information about Brock’s COVID-19 measures, please visit brocku.ca/coronavirus