While Brock’s Mentorship Plus program already has a wide variety of alumni professions represented, there are students seeking guidance about professions for which the program does not have mentors.
The Mentorship Plus program launched its pilot season in 2008 with a small cohort of first- to fourth-year students, and a handful of alumni mentors. Since then, the program (funded in part by the Annual Fund’s alumni and community donations) has grown to more than 800 participants, including almost 150 Brock alumni from across Canada.
As a testament to the alumni experience mentoring graduating students, more than 100 alumni from last year have registered for the 2011-12.
The following alumni professions are being sought for the program:
- Certified financial analyst
- Chartered accountant
- Certified management accountant
- Teachers Jr/Int/Sr
- Education leaders, such as school principals
- Education assistants — special needs
- Entrepreneurs, business owners
- Advertising and consumer behaviour
- Counsellors, therapists — psychology background
- Child psychologist
- Social workers — young offender specialty
- Nurses — oncology/public health
- Public health educator
- HR professionals
- Physicians — neurology
- Speech language pathologists
- Public relations specialist
- Scientific researchers
- Real estate developer
With more than 70,000 Brock alumni, our graduates offer a wealth of experience and connections in countless industries and professions — the perfect pool of knowledge to help students determine “what to be when they grow up.”
Even if you’re a relatively new graduate at the beginning of your career, your path, successes and challenges in the current marketplace are timely and valuable. We encourage our young professional alumni to participate in Mentorship Plus in whichever capacity you feel comfortable.
For more information about the Mentorship Plus program, or to register as an alumni mentor, visit the Mentorship Plus website.