The Faculty of Graduate Studies announces the Call for Nominations to its growing number of awards associated with the 2015 Mapping the New Knowledges Graduate Student Research Conference.
The Faculty will recognize Brock’s graduate studies community with the presentation of the following awards at the MNK conference, on Thursday, Apr. 9:
• Graduate Mentorship Awards
• the newly established Marilyn Rose Graduate Leadership Award
Nominations for the awards are due on Tuesday, March 10 and can be submitted online.
Details about the awards and access to online nomination forms can be found at: https://brocku.ca/graduate-studies/current-students/conferences-events/mnk-awards
Graduate Mentorship Awards: Graduate students are invited to submit nominations for the 2015 awards.
The awards honour and recognize the essential role of faculty supervisors in the mentorship of graduate students.
Awards are presented in two categories:
– mentorship of master’s students only
– mentorship of both master’s and PhD students
Value: $1,000 to assist faculty with ongoing graduate student mentorship
Marilyn Rose Graduate Leadership Award: The Brock community is invited to submit nominations for this newly established award to recognize faculty, staff and students for their work and leadership in enhancing the graduate studies experience at the University.
Some examples of contributions include:
• academic program development in graduate studies
• academic and professional skills development programming for graduate students
• support for excellence in graduate student research and scholarship
• innovative administrative services related to graduate students
• learning and research opportunities that connect graduate students to the broader community
• graduate student engagement on campus
• development of innovative strategies/policies/procedures in addressing significant graduate student issues
• graduate student recruitment
Contact Heather Junke, Communications Officer, Dean’s Office, Faculty of Graduate Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org