Looking to volunteer on campus, in the community or abroad? Check out Student Life and Success who offer events and programs throughout the year to get involved in the local community and abroad or consider joining BUVA!
Brock University Volunteer Association (BUVA) is recruiting members for the upcoming school year. We are looking for dynamic students who are interested in giving back to the Niagara community through volunteering. We will provide you with training and volunteer opportunities to connect you to the Niagara community and other outstanding students.
Who should consider joining?
- The association is open to all Brock students, undergraduate and graduate who are interested in volunteering in Niagara.
Why should I join?
- Connect with like-minded students
- Build community
- Build your resume
- Develop skills
- Make an impact in the Niagara community
- Earn credit in the Campus Wide Co-Curriculum
What do I need to contribute as a member?
- Attend monthly meetings that will include social and training elements
- Commit to 20 hours of volunteering over the academic year with various community partners
- Complete training modules to develop your skills
How do I apply to join?
- Complete a brief application form on the BUVA ExperienceBU page telling us who you are and why would you like to join the association
- There will be a follow up on-line interview so we can get to know you a little better
- We will welcome new members at our first meeting each year in October
What type of volunteer opportunities will be available to the Brock University Volunteer Association members?
- We are partnering with many community organizations throughout the year, for example the YWCA Niagara Region and the Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
How do I find out more information about the Brock University Volunteer Association?
- You can find out more about the Brock University Volunteer Association by visiting Career Zone (Market Hall), Student Life & Success (MC A204) or Brock International (International Centre)
- You can also reach us by email at email@example.com or at 905 688-5550 x6321