A week-long blitz of workshops for graduate students is just around the corner.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies is hosting more than 10 workshops from Monday, Oct. 17 to Saturday, Oct. 22 to enhance essential graduate student skills.
In its third year, GRADvantage Week partners with support services from across the University to offer graduate students a workshops on a variety of topics.
Students can expect to enhance or build skills such as managing time and finding workload balance, setting goals, developing writing strategies and creating successful funding applications.
New and returning workshops include:
- Mindfulness and balancing workload: Effective methods for achieving self-awareness, focus, and balancing your workload
- Making the most of your graduate school experience: Ways to take advantage of the supports and services available to Brock grad students
- Writing café: Best practices for creating a meaningful and lasting writing community
- Show me the money: support and resources for applying for funding
- Conceptualizing your graduate degree: How to position skills during your degree for professional and career goals
- Let’s have a career conversation: career supports available to grad students for their job search and career exploration
Along with GRADvantage Week, graduate students can also look for year-round support workshops on ExperienceBU pages of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and other University partners.