A series of virtual and in-person events next week will encourage students to reflect on their physical and mental well-being.
The Brock University Students’ Union (BUSU), Brock Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre (SWAC), Brock Recreation and the Brock University Library have created a packed lineup for Wellness Week from Monday, March 7 to Friday, March 11.
Wellness Week events will focus on both physical and mental health for students as they prepare for exams.
Events will include:
- A Wellness Fair on Monday, March 7 at Union Station, which will feature vendors who may aid in students’ wellness journey. Attendees can win a free meal box from Hello Fresh.
- ExpressFit classes courtesy of Brock Recreation will run each day throughout the week. Participants can win a $50 gift card from the Campus Store.
- Paint Your Feelings on Tuesday, March 8. The SWAC team is hosting a paint night to promote self-expression, positivity and self-reflection. Participants will be entered to win a $50 gift card to Michaels.
- Plant Positivity on Wednesday, March 9. Participants will plant a succulent and learn how to develop a growth mindset from the SWAC team.
- Mini Massages on Wednesday, March 9 at Union Station. Trillium College will be on site to provide free stress-relieving massages.
- The Brock Library will host a Wellness Book Club on Instagram Live Wednesday, March 9 to discuss Dr. John Ratey’s 2008 book, Spark: The Revolutionary new Science of Exercise and the Brain.
- The Great BUSU Baking Class on Wednesday, March 9 on Zoom. Hosted by Boxed Cookies, BUSU will provide the dry ingredients to bake delicious treats prior to the class.
- Mental Health Discussion on Thursday, March 10 on Zoom. The Jack.org Brock Chapter president and student representatives will host a discussion about mental health.
For more information, including times, registration details and additional events, visit BUSU’s Wellness Week website.
To learn more about mental health resources available at Brock, visit brocku.ca/swac