Brock University has reviewed this week’s announcement by the Province of Ontario that outlines updated pandemic management timelines.
For the past two years, the entire Brock community has played an important role in ensuring a safe and healthy campus for teaching, learning and research activities. The protocols established by Brock University have led to a successful Fall Term and a safe return to campus this winter. Our University is well-served by these effective and sensible protocols.
This week’s update from the province will not impact or change Brock’s approach to its Winter Term. For the rest of this term, the University will continue its protocols, including:
- A COVID-19 vaccine mandate for anyone coming to campus.
- A COVID-19 booster vaccine requirement for those living in on-campus residences.
- Mandatory self-screening for anyone coming to a Brock campus.
- A mandatory masking requirement (medical grade masks are highly recommended for students and required for faculty and staff).
- Encouraging everyone on campus to receive a third booster dose.
As always, members of the Brock community are asked to be vigilant and to self-monitor closely for COVID-19 symptoms. If you are experiencing symptoms, please do not come to campus.
The Brock community has been unified in its approach as everyone works together to ensure a healthy and safe campus. By continuing with these prudent measures during the rest of the Winter Term, the well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors will continue to be prioritized.
Further updates on protocols for Brock Sports, food services and other areas of campus operation will be shared shortly.