Tickets are still available for the 2018 Alumni Recognition Reception, where graduates and longtime Brock employees Joe Kenny (MEd ’85) and Karen McAllister-Kenny (MEd ’97) will be recognized for their outstanding commitment to the University.
McAllister-Kenny, Brock’s Director of Youth Programs and Recreation, and Kenny, who recently retired as Head Athletic Therapist and Manager of the Athletic Therapy Clinic, will be recognized as the first joint recipients, master’s graduates and couple to receive the prestigious Distinguished Alumni Award.
The reception will take place at noon on Saturday, Sept. 22 in Lowenberger Dining Hall as part of Brock’s Homecoming weekend. A complimentary light luncheon hosted by the Brock University Alumni Association will be served. Advance registration is required.
The event will also honour the 2018 Distinguished Faculty Graduate Award recipients — alumni recognized for earning prominence as a result of their exceptional professional achievements and/or service to society:
- Faculty of Social Sciences — Tayler Book (BA ’14)
- Faculty of Humanities — James Crichton (BA ’79)
- Goodman School of Business — Brian Parsons (BBA ’90)
- Faculty of Applied Health Sciences — Gerry Townend (BPhEd ’90)
- Faculty of Mathematics and Science — Peter Putnam (BSc ’77)
- Faculty of Education — Michele Zoccoli (BA ’89, BEd ’91)
Graduates from the classes of ’68 and ’93 are also invited to attend the reception to receive a 50-year gold cameo or 25-year silver cameo anniversary pin.
For more information and to register for the Alumni Recognition Reception, visit brocku.ca/homecoming