Brock University is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President, Academic.
The appointment, for an initial five-year term, will commence on July 1, 2018.
As an advisor to the Provost, the Vice-Provost focuses primarily on academic program quality assurance, faculty relations and external reviews of administrative units which support the academic mission.
As a member of senior academic administration, the Vice-Provost, reporting to the Provost and Vice-President, Academic, will provide vision, leadership and support to the University in all aspects of Brock’s Internal Quality Assurance Process (IQAP), serving as the University’s key contact for quality assurance.
The position also administratively supports annual Faculty processes such as tenure and promotion, faculty member annual reports and co-ordinating all aspects of academic-administrative reviews.
This critical role within the University also serves as an ambassador of the Office of the Provost, serving in an acting Provost role internally and externally, when required.
The ideal candidate shall be at the rank of, or be eligible for appointment to, Full Professor, and have:
- A proven record of excellence in administration, research, teaching, and service leadership
- Experience as a conscientious administrator, dedicated to excellence in programming and teaching
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience, coupled with a strong appreciation for collegiality and collaboration
- Comprehensive knowledge of Brock’s academic programs, including; degree progression planning, program integrations and relationships
- Superb attention to detail, highly organized, with the ability to keep focused on Brock’s mission and vision
- Experience in leading and/or conducting program reviews, resulting in the drive for outstanding academic programs
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to foster and maintain positive relationships with faculty and staff
- A strong strategic and creative vision for Brock’s academic future, coupled with the ability to leverage opportunities, identify and address challenges to support the mission of the University
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately, with a deadline for applications on Aug. 31, 2017.
All expressions of interest, applications and nominations will be held in strict confidence and should be directed to Provost and Vice-President, Academic at Provost@brocku.ca.
Click here to view the posting.