“Homecoming is about honouring Brock’s past and celebrating its future together with the University’s alumni and student communities,” says Christine Jones, director, Alumni Relations.
More than 1,500 Brock students and 350 alumni and guests are expected to descend on the University this weekend to check out and take part in various Homecoming events.
The itinerary for the weekend includes a concert by The Arkells, various athletic events on campus, a Distinguished Alumni Luncheon, the Brock Alumni Association Golf Tournament, a Cameo Club reception for the Class of 1988 and senior class alumni, campus tours and more.
Brock has more than 80,000 graduates worldwide with 22,700 grads living in Niagara.
For more details on Homecoming: brocku.ca/homecoming
Itinerary of alumni events for Brock’s 2013 Homecoming
Friday, Sept. 20:
- Alumni Association Annual Golf Tournament: Beechwood Golf & Country Club (Niagara Falls), 11 a.m to 5:30 p.m.
- Grape Stomp: Jubilee Court (Brock University) 12 noon to 1:30 p.m.
With more than 400 students and alumni, and 1,000 kgs of grapes, this is the messiest student tradition on campus.
To register: brocku.ca/student-community-outreach/GrapeStomp
- Alumni Pub Night: Mansion House (St. Catharines), 9 to 11 p.m.
Share your Brock memories over a pint and enjoy the music of The Glenridge Boys. Brock alumni get a complimentary drink ticket and appetizers.
Saturday, Sept. 21:
- Distinguished Alumni Luncheon: Pond Inlet (Brock University), 11:30 a.m to 1:30 p.m.
This award honours Brock graduates who have earned prominence because of their exceptional professional achievements and/or community service.
- Athletics Events: Athletics Field (Brock University), 1 to 4 p.m.
Cheer on the Badgers as they compete in Rubgy and soccer matches that afternoon. Isaac’s Bar & Grill will be hosting a field-side beer garden during the men’s and women’s soccer and rugby games.
- Reunions: Various locations and times (Brock University).
Hundreds of Brock graduates will attend various reunions around campus, from the Brock Cheerleaders to Quarry View and Lowenberger Residence Life Staff.
- Campus Tours: 1 to 3 p.m.
Tours of the Brock campus, Inniskillin Hall, and Special Collections will take place for all Homecoming guests.
- Cameo Club: Scotiabank Atrium, Cairns Complex (Brock University), 4 to 5:30 p.m.
This is a 25-year anniversary induction ceremony recognizing the achievements of our alumni who are representing our University with distinction.
- Champagne Reception: Pond Inlet (Brock University), 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
An opportunity for grads to mingle and reconnect with former classmates and faculty. Guests will enjoy complimentary champagne local farm-to-table appetizers.
- Educate your Senses (Saturday Wine in the Park): Mobile Culinary Theatre, Montebello Park (St. Catharines), 1 to 5 p.m.
Local winemakers, many of whom are Brock grads, will walk through various food and wine pairings. Visit niagarawinefestival.com for tickets
- Homecoming Concert: Isaacs Bar & Grill (Brock University), 6 to 9 p.m.
The Arkells live brought to you by the Brock University Students’ Union (BUSU). There are a limited number of tickets available to alumni and the general public.
Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013
- Winery Tour - Bringing the city to the vineyard: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bus leaves from Toronto and Burlington. Alumni will board a shuttle and explore acclaimed Niagara wineries, with fellow grads as their tour guides. Wineries include: Thirty Bench Winery (Winemaker: Emma Garner, BSc ‘04), Hernder Estates Winery (Winemaker: Lydia Tomek, BSc ‘04) and Henry of Pelham Winery.
Visit brocku.ca/homecoming for details on pick up locations.
- Sunday Wine In The Park: Montebello Park (St. Catharines), 2 to 4:30 p.m.
Graduate winemakers from Brock’s Cool Climate Oenology Viticulture Institute (CCOVI), and Niagara College’s Teaching Winery will select wines from the Twenty Valley and Niagara-on-the-Lake regions to compete for the best wine and foods pairing.