The Schmon Tower’s familiar red glow will give way to an array of colour schemes to mark several occasions taking place in October.
Events in October include:
- Saturday, Oct. 1, pink, for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Friday, Oct. 7, blue, for International Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness Day
- Monday, Oct. 10, green, for World Mental Health Day
- Saturday, Oct. 15, cyan, for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day
- Thursday, Oct. 20, purple and blue, for Light it Up! For NDEAM
- Saturday, Oct. 22, orange, for Diwali
- Thursday, Oct. 27, red, for National Duty Counsel Day
- Monday, Oct. 31, purple and orange, for Halloween
The tower is lit externally with 48 powerful LED lights, which offer a full rainbow of colour options.
Members of the community can request the tower be illuminated in a particular colour for holidays and non-commercial special events.
Interested community members can submit a Brock Tower illumination request and see the full schedule online through the University Marketing and Communications web page.