The Schmon Tower’s familiar red glow will give way to an array of colour schemes to mark several occasions taking place in July.
Events in July include:
- Friday, July 1, red and white for Canada Day
- Tuesday, July 5, green for National Injury Prevention Day
- Monday, July 18, blue, green, yellow and red for Nelson Mandela Day
- Friday, July 22, blue for Fragile X Syndrome
- Thursday, July 28, green for World Hepatitis Day
- Saturday, July 30, red and white for Food Day Canada – Shine a Light on Canadian Cuisine
The tower is lit externally with 48 powerful LED lights, which offer a full rainbow of colour options.
Members of the community can request the tower be illuminated in a particular colour for holidays and non-commercial special events.
Interested community members can submit a Brock Tower illumination request and see the full schedule online through the University Marketing and Communications web page.