The Schmon Tower’s familiar red glow will give way to an array of colour schemes to mark several occasions taking place in May.
Upcoming events include:
- Saturday, April 30, blue for National Physicians’ Day
- Sunday, May 1, green for Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week
- Monday, May 2, purple for Lupus Awareness Month
- Friday, May 6, green for Mental Health Awareness Week
- Monday, May 9, blue for National Nurses Week
- Monday, May 23, purple for Victoria Day
- Saturday, May 28, orange for the Rankin Cancer Run
The tower is lit externally with 48 powerful LED lights, which offer a full rainbow of colour options.
Members of the community can request the tower be illuminated in a particular colour for holidays and non-commercial special events.
Interested community members can submit a Brock Tower illumination request and see the full schedule online through the University Marketing and Communications web page.