Several Brock employees were recently recognized for their service to the University.
Faculty, staff and librarians who reached 35 years of service in 2020 and 2021 as well as staff honoured with the President’s Distinguished Staff Service Award for Outstanding Contributions and the Human Resources Distinguished Staff Service Award for Leadership were invited to have their photo taken and receive a token of appreciation from Interim President Lynn Wells on Tuesday, April 12.
Long-standing service and the annual staff service awards have historically been recognized at the annual President’s Holiday Celebration in December, which has been held virtually for the past two years due to public health restrictions. With in-person gatherings now permitted, the recognition event was held Tuesday to bring the award winners together.
President’s Distinguished Staff Service Award for Outstanding Contributions
The President’s Distinguished Staff Service Award for Outstanding Contributions recognizes employees who have excelled in demonstrating exemplary service and have provided outstanding contributions to the working environment and culture at Brock.
- Lauryn Carrick, Manager, Graduate Education Engagement, Graduate Studies
- Diane Leon, Academic Advisor/Seminar Co-ordinator, Political Science
- Irene Palumbo, Science Stores Manager, Mathematics and Science
- John Simone, Accounts Payable Assistant, Accounts Payable
- Tanya Bradley, Manager, Student Engagement, Student Life and Success
- Pauline Dawson, Manager, Campus Career Education, Career Education
- Tracey Naldjieff, Research Accounting Clerk, Research Services
- Pete Sawatsky, Lead Hand, Facilities Management Structural Services
Human Resources Distinguished Service Award
The Human Resources Distinguished Service Award for Leadership is awarded to one staff member each year who has demonstrated a proven record of leading and working collaboratively, engaging fellow employees, building strong partnerships and furthering the development of a respectful work and learning environment.
Judith Brooder, Manager, Student Accessibility Services, and George Bench, Manager, Emergency Management and Life Safety with Campus Security Services, were presented with the Human Resources Distinguished Service Award for 2020 and 2021, respectively.
35 years of service
Brock University celebrates employees who have reached significant service milestones in their careers by presenting them with a token of appreciation.
Employees who celebrated 35 years of service in 2020:
- Linda Buys, Academic Records Assistant, Registrar’s Office
- John Clutterbuck, Manager, Roy and Lois Cairns Health and Bioscience Research Complex, Asset Management and Utilities
- Gregory Finn, Special Advisor, Senior Executive Team
- Ann Holtby, Bibliographic Assistant, Library Collections
- Derek Knight, Associate Professor, Visual Arts
- Murray Kropf, Associate Professor, Visual Arts
- Klara Kross, Student Financial Services Officer, Student Financial Services
- Caroline Lidstone, Assistant Secretary to the University, Office of the University Secretariat
- Ernesto Virgulti, Associate Professor, Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Employees who celebrated 35 years of service in 2021:
- Michelle Allard, Operations Co-ordinator, Client Services, Information Technology Services
- Leah Bradshaw, Professor, Political Science
- Richard Cheel, Professor, Earth Sciences
- Catherine Foreman, Manager, Library Collections
- Gary McDonnell, Assistant Supervisor, Electronics, Math and Science
- Fatima Noorbhai, Executive Assistant to the Dean, Social Sciences
- Robert Rattew, Horticultural Technician and Lead Hand, Facilities Management
- Evelyn Smith, Help Desk Co-ordinator/Data Research Assistant, Library Access Services
- Sharon Smith, Circulation Clerk, Instructional Resource Centre
- Clara Suba, Information Tech Support, Centre for Digital Humanities