Several Brock employees were recently recognized for their long-standing commitment to the University.
Interim President Lynn Wells hosted a luncheon on Wednesday, March 23 in celebration of 22 employees who reached a 25-year milestone in their Brock careers during 2020 or 2021.
Long-standing service has historically been recognized at the annual President’s Holiday Celebration in December, which has been held virtually for the past two years due to public health restrictions. The recent luncheon in Pond Inlet provided an opportunity for employees to celebrate together on campus and enjoy each other’s company in a social environment.
Wells acknowledged the perseverance and dedication of faculty and staff and officially welcomed them to the Quarter Century Club by presenting each employee with a watch.
“People are our strength at Brock,” said Wells. “A university is a set of buildings until you put people in it, and the people at Brock have shown themselves to be very committed to the institution. They are warm and dedicated to our students, faculty and staff, and the communities around us. I’m really proud of the values and the spirit of unity that I have observed among Brock employees.”
Eleven employees marked their 25-year anniversary in 2020 and 11 employees reached the monumental milestone in 2021.
2020 Quarter Century Club inductees
- Irene Blayer, Professor, Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Donald Cyr, Professor, Finance, Operations and Information Systems
- Cheng Luo, Associate Professor, Applied Linguistics
- Ingrid Makus, Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Rick Manning, Groundskeeper, Facilities Management Grounds Services
- Daniel McCarthy, Associate Professor, Earth Sciences
- Pina McDonnell, Academic Advisor, Faculty of Education
- Michael Ripmeester, Professor, Geography and Tourism Studies
- Paul Scarbrough, Associate Professor, Accounting
- John Sorenson, Professor, Sociology
- Teena Willoughby, Professor, Psychology
2021 Quarter Century Club inductees
- Stephanie Brooks, Undergraduate Co-ordinator, Sport Management
- Desmond Flynn, System Support Specialist, Information Technology Services Client Services
- Dimitre Iankoulov, Micro Support Analyst/Technician, Geography and Tourism Studies
- Nota Klentrou, Chair and Professor, Kinesiology
- Teresa Menzies, Professor, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship and Ethics
- Carol Merriam, Dean, Faculty of Humanities
- Karen Merritt, Senior Employee Services Representative, Human Resources
- Karen Millar, Athletic Therapist, Brock Sports Medicine
- Sheila Morrison, Assistant to the Director, Brock International
- Leah Pielechaty, Stack Supervisor, Library Access Services
- Elizabeth Wasylowich, Administrative Assistant, Labour Studies and Centre for Women’s and Gender Studies