Brock Sports has announced its updated COVID-19 spectator policy for the upcoming 2021-22 season.
All Brock University home games up to and including Friday, Oct. 15, are open only to Brock students, staff and faculty who are either fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated, have an approved exemption and are part of the Brock Rapid Antigen Screening Program.
“Safety comes first. The health and safety of student-athletes, coaches, volunteers and the wider Brock community are the top priority of Brock Sports,” said Melissa Krist, Director, Brock Sports. “We are exploring every opportunity to host spectators in the future while maintaining the health and well-being of our Badgers.”
Athletic event requirements for all Brock students, staff and faculty include:
- Brock students, staff and faculty looking to attend home games must show their Brock Card and complete the Brock screening process on the Brock Safety app.
- Mandatory face masks are required for everyone on campus.
- Face masks must be worn outdoors where social distancing of at least two metres cannot be achieved.
- All Brock students, faculty, staff and visitors will need to be fully vaccinated to come onto campus without any testing requirements.
- Those who meet specific and limited medical or human rights accommodation criteria must complete ongoing rapid antigen screening. In addition, anyone who is partially vaccinated will also conduct rapid antigen screening until 14 days after their second dose.
BrockTV will provide online streaming for outdoor soccer, rugby and lacrosse games for the outside community on GoBadgers.ca and Facebook.
Those planning to travel to an opponent’s institution are encouraged to visit the host school’s website to learn their game day protocols.