Mark Robertson has been reappointed University Librarian for a five-year term beginning July 1.
Robertson joined Brock on August 1, 2016 from his previous role as Associate University Librarian at York University. He graduated from McMaster University with a master’s degree in Philosophy and from the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Information Studies with a Master of Information Studies.
During his first term, Robertson was involved in:
- Development of a new strategic plan and master space plan for the library
- Launch of the Library Makerspace and Digital Scholarship Lab
- Development of Brock’s new Open Access policy
- Renovation of a new student study space on the library’s fifth floor
- Strengthening of library acquisitions budget resulting in a significant rise in Library’s ranking in Maclean’s.
Robertson’s re-appointment was conducted in accordance with the Faculty Handbook. Provost Lynn Wells said she would like to thank those who took the time to be part of the consultation process, including members of the Library Council, members of the Senior Administrative Council, and Senators.